Not my normal style

Elmsdown Forestry

HI all,

As per title i wouldn't normally put posts of this style on a open forum but this is an exception.

I am the typical wood cutter, will generally work no matter what the weather or what the injury. Have continued to work with a broken foot, missing front teeth, more recently fractured arm and the normal illness we all suffer.

He comes the BUT this weekend i had a very scary situation arise. I was out with the other half and a couple of friends for a few drinks nothing too hardcore but getting very merry was on the cards. A few pints in and a vodka down the hatch i started to get very very pissed, like the embarrassing person we all laugh at but this was different i hadn't had enough to be falling over and slurring heavily. An hour later i had walked home feeling very ill, got home and was sick a good few times. Then something strange happened i lost all feeling and use of the right side of my body couldn't string a sentence together and had a extreme stutter. The missus called an ambulance which took me away blaming it on the booze, but the doctors where not on the same page. I was having a stroke at the age of 32. Just bought new machinery got young family how could this be happening. There was no explanation and the hospital concluded it was a TIA (mild stroke) all my scans came back clear with no lasting clots. The uses of my right side had returned and my speech is near normal but i have to concentrate on not stuttering and using the right words. As per anything like this i am now banned from driving for a month, this i can get round but working is gonna be slightly different. So what I'm asking is, id there anyone in the sussex area or further afield with FMO to extract behind the harvester using my 830.3 for maybe a couple of weeks or if they have there own rig and need to keep it working, be willing to help out..

Please get in touch.

Thanks Nick

Bad news bud . Sorry to hear it . I am in West Sussex but don't have the tickets you require . All I do is drive a big JD on the shoot . I don't know if Mark Odin could help ( MJO Forestry ) Call 07979 870261 He has a big Valtra and massive forwarding trailer . He is near me in West Dean near Chichester .

Hi Nick, so sorry to hear your bad news and i sympathise with your predicament, .. it looks like the early part of january will be quiet for me, so in that respect i could come and lend a hand, fully experienced in forestry, ( 30 ) years, on winching, felling and forwarding, both hard and softwood. So if interested PM me ..

Cheers.

PS, i have the relevant tickets..

Sorry to hear about what's happened, hope you're back up and sorted quickly.

A friend of mine had a very similar experience 14 years ago but wasn't so fortunate, he's still in an electric wheelchair now, can't really move much and has some difficulty speaking still - he was 18 when it happened (32 now) and even the doctors thought it was just a really really bad hangover to start with.

His clot was deemed too unsafe to work on so they've had to leave it.

Even though he can't do stuff like he used to, he's adapted well and is still as daft as he ever was. Another mate converted a tracked wheelbarrow into an all terrain wheelchair with single hand controls for him a few years ago - he kept towing us all back uphill on our sledges when it snowed last :thumbup1:

Not good, feel for you fella. It's not the same, but I started with epilepsy in January this year, came as a shock (I'm 32 as well) never showed any symptoms. It's strange how these things happen. Daft as it sounds change of diet can help as well as drinking habits which does play a big part according to the neurologist. Hope your ok and can work soon