Chainsaw boot test

nailer

Its quite some time now since I emailed Lavoro, and their lack of response speaks loudly. It shows to me a total lack of respect for those who use and buy their products. I, for one, will not buy their products simply on this basis.

How did you contacted Lavoro?

By email? resend it to their email info, and for sure you'll get an answer.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boots, the email was sent to the company, some time back, if you are part of the company, surely you are reading this forum and are free to comment on their behalf. It is of some concern to people who are the wearers of the product that they will not stop a chainsaw at the toecap. Surely you can respond to this. We need to know that PPE is SAFE to wear when using chainsaws. Thank you.

The blurry letter above, I think says the boots passed the test at the minimum chain speed of 20m/s.

I don`t think anyone suggested they failed the test. Its just that the steel toe caps appear to provide better chainsaw protection and crushing defences.

Obviously the trade-off is cost and colder toes.

Boots, the email was sent to the company, some time back, if you are part of the company, surely you are reading this forum and are free to comment on their behalf. It is of some concern to people who are the wearers of the product that they will not stop a chainsaw at the toecap. Surely you can respond to this. We need to know that PPE is SAFE to wear when using chainsaws. Thank you.

The Standard requirements are made to prevent accidents, and according with the European PPE Directive these boots are in conformity and pass the all the cutting tests including the test made on top of the Toe Cap.

This is a link to a real video, (not a home made one), of the cutting test made on the boots made by a Certified Technological Centre.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GecC1ZI0Wk[/ame]

This is a link to a real video, (not a home made one), of the cutting test made on the boots made by a Certified Technological Centre.

Boots, appreciate the video you posted. However, the video with the chainsaw is about as 'real' as it will get. The laboratory chainsaw was running slow, with minimal torque. The chainsaw used in the 'home made' video was running as it would in real life.

• 2 weeks later...

As a result of an end-user campaign we sent a pair of gloves to a tree surgeon and his comments are as follows:

Thank you for the opportunity to try out the chainsaw gloves.

Having larges hands I have found that other bands of gloves are easy to put on but have an inch left in each finger and can be very annoying and clumsy. The gloves supplied have a very close fit and mould to your hand shape very well.

My brother also an arborist has chosen this brand of glove for a few years now, he comments "for the cost and comfort you can't beat them".

As with any chainsaw glove the exposure to the elements and the range of tasks the gloves are put through in the industry limits the life spam, so comfort and cost are very important.

We have used the Elten range of boots for about 3 years now, the Fellsman boots have always been our 1st choice but recently decided to change to the Aquafell (thanks to the monsoon conditions here in Wales) and are impressed with the day long comfort and no need to break them in. They respond well to a soaking and over night drying. Also sit well when wearing tree spikes.

With the given by yourself I have encouraged the guys to wax up the boots at least once a week and have a healthy competition of "who's boots will last the longest".

Thought you would be interested and if you have any comments as to our products, please do not hesitate to contact us on the below email:

[email protected]