nissan path finder

Dean O

any one have any experience/knowledge of

looking for a family car with 7 seats.

Unless it tows or tips I have little knowledge of 'cars'

as a landy fan it pains me to say it but I don't want to go down the discovery route

Thanks

Dean

i think the road tax is expensive on them

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the in-put guys

at least no horror stories in there. (Although stories like Deans are a worry)

having looked into them a bit more - not sure that the boot space would be adequate for a pram once the 7 seats are up. and as someone mentioned they seem to be more of an occasional 7 seater?

the choice has been between a disco or transporter so far

the discos seem to be quite needy in terms of maintenance costs and have huge depreciation

the transporters seem to hold their value but, of course, are expensive for what they are - a fashionable van.

I saw a pathfinder in passing the other day and thought it looked nice...

I have a Navara. It's settled down now (thank God, as it's out of warranty) but during the first three years it was into the garage 29 times for various faults including, but not limited to (I honestly can't remember them all now):

* Intermittent power loss/limp home mode. This left me stranded twice. Never properly diagnosed.

* Loud knocking from front right wheel when under heavy throttle load, particularly when weight on that wheel (when turning left, for instance). Present for last 55000 miles. Nissan can't find the fault.

* New wheel bearing

* New front section of exhaust

* New transfer box sensor/bearings

* Heater matrix (huge job, 4 days in garage)

* New fuel rail

* New fuel pump

* New glow plugs three times (to try to fix power loss)

* Front propshaft

* Master window control (twice really, as it broke again just out of warranty and Nissan refused to honour the warranty on the spare part. Not paying over £300 for not having to lean over the car to put up the passenger window)

There will be more. I just can't remember.

The words Bargepole, Don't, With, Touch, 10 foot and A spring to mind.

My dad's had one for years,

I've never really liked it. The gear box feels aweful I'm sure it's going to disintegrate anytime soon but it's been like that for ages. It stalls easy. Had injector trouble and I know something big went bang in the engine but I wasn't told full story for fear of gloating.

I find the seats uncomfortable.

Flimsy plastic interior,

He's successfully used it for weekend gypsying including all round Europe and there caravan is pretty big.

Seems alright it mud, towed my ranger out of trouble a few times

Don't disregard the nissan till you have tried one. I have had mine for family of five for last two years. Better value than the disco and has plenty of space. Bought an 06 two years ago on 40000 miles for £9000 far cheaper than the landcruiser and disco option. Had no problems at all with:thumbup:

I ve got a 4l v6 petrol and wouldn't change it for the world. I m Land Rover through and through but for a family car which tows well etc it's perfect. Rear two seats are not really for adults however even with them up there's still some boot space. And with all seats down the space is HUGE.