Selling motors, who else hates it?

swinny

Sold the wifes on ebay, got it looking so nice, a guy said he would have it over the phone. Paid us full asking price and offered us petrol money as well - found ebay both cheap and effective!

Just put yourself in the buyers position and make sure you advertise what they want to hear. Years MOT helps, road tax is a thing of the past but if it has had new parts tyres brakes service etc - just make it look good!

Sort of similar; I recently sold my landrover on ebay and had been dreading it. The thought of the usual emails and phonecalls and stupid offers just made me feel sick.

I cleaned it inside and out and wrote a fairly long, warts and all description and set the price a little higher than I wanted (not by much), knowing that the chances of selling at asking price were slim, whether it be a car, toothbrush, pair of slippers or whatever. Stuck it on a classified, starting on a sunday evening and put it with email being the only way of contact so I could decide which of them were worth talking to. Within an hour, I had a deposit on it and had settled a fraction below what I wanted and then a day or so later it go picked up - I know it doesn't happen often but ebay can work OK.

I think what's maybe the case with your L200 Swinny is the time of year. It's a work truck and it's only a couple of weeks before christmas so I'd guess a lot of people aren't goign to be thinking a lot about work or spending money on much other than christmas.

Try not to let it stress you out and all being well the weather will get worse and buying a 4wd will become more of a priority in people's minds. :thumbup1:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are annoying, thats just some people, wether your buying or selling, you meet annoying people, there are annoying people in all walks of life, its like not advertising on the forum, some annoying people come up with all manor of ways to get round the rules :sneaky2: its very annoying :001_rolleyes:

Some people are annoying, thats just some people, wether your buying or selling, you meet annoying people, there are annoying people in all walks of life, its like not advertising on the forum, some annoying people come up with all manor of ways to get round the rules :sneaky2: its very annoying :001_rolleyes:

I hope your not saying its a lame attempt at advertising dave because you can go fish if so

I hope your not saying its a lame attempt at advertising dave because you can go fish if so

yup being offered low when you put a reasonable price on in the first place is painful!

This is the motor in question :

Mitsubishi l200 4wd 4work Low mileage | eBay

Even at the price its on at i feel im selling myself short.

:sneaky2:

I wa more bothered about correct approach and how to put it accross on ebay and to make sure its in right price range. People have said its fine so good.

Dave i really wish you would grow up and not be so petty, you do show yourself up. Go pick on someone else you internet troll

Sort of similar; I recently sold my landrover on ebay and had been dreading it. The thought of the usual emails and phonecalls and stupid offers just made me feel sick.

I cleaned it inside and out and wrote a fairly long, warts and all description and set the price a little higher than I wanted (not by much), knowing that the chances of selling at asking price were slim, whether it be a car, toothbrush, pair of slippers or whatever. Stuck it on a classified, starting on a sunday evening and put it with email being the only way of contact so I could decide which of them were worth talking to. Within an hour, I had a deposit on it and had settled a fraction below what I wanted and then a day or so later it go picked up - I know it doesn't happen often but ebay can work OK.

I think what's maybe the case with your L200 Swinny is the time of year. It's a work truck and it's only a couple of weeks before christmas so I'd guess a lot of people aren't goign to be thinking a lot about work or spending money on much other than christmas.

Try not to let it stress you out and all being well the weather will get worse and buying a 4wd will become more of a priority in people's minds. :thumbup1:

Verg good positive experiance there then :D great.

I always hate hearing 'What's the least you'll take for it?'. I just ask them 'What's the most you'll pay?'. Funny how many people aren't prepared to be put in the position that they wanted me in. After all, I've already put what I want for it. It's up to them if they want to haggle but don't expect me to make it easy. :001_rolleyes::001_smile:

Quality.. If customers say to me "is there any movement on price" I always reply how high would you like to go! :thumbup:

, I found my mum a new car through a costumer so had the sell her old 1 another punters car I bought her-I was honest printed of all the invoices from the money spent on it, this guy appeared looked right through the whole car and the paperwork he was under the bonnet all over like a tramp eating chips.... Then says "have you changed the timming belt?" Me "nope". "If you put a belt on it al take it!. Sorry mate I can't do that as it has a timming chain😂 BOOM asking price and he took it away:biggrin: