arb trolley ????? most efficient way of moving large timber

Charlie1988

does not look much for the money !but enough people on here say they are good , so i will get one and join the club ,, there is nothing like finding out for yourself :thumbup:

I already found out how good they are by borrowing Jonny Burch's. Trouble was he kept wanting it back!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What exactly do you want to shift. The arb trolly is good for brush, long timber and rings. But if you only want it for rings your better off with a sack truck,not a cheap b+q piece of shite but a proper one with large size tyres to float over the grass. We have an arb trolly and it works well for long drags of brush as you don't leave a big trail of crap all over the lawn saves loads on the clean up. But I find it heavy to big to fit through lots of gates takes up to much room on the truck and stupidly overpriced. You could buy that new orange one that's just hit the market if you want a poorly made version of the original.

It is probably a life saver on 10% of our jobs, just another bit of kit that is very job specific.

Hi everyone

I was looking to buy an arb trolley to save time and back breaking work moving timber ?

Any other good ways or little tricks apart from splitting ?

rather save £400.00 than spend it lol

I use a sack barrow. £60 screw fix. It's also handy for moving trees to planting.

What exactly do you want to shift. The arb trolly is good for brush, long timber and rings. But if you only want it for rings your better off with a sack truck,not a cheap b+q piece of shite but a proper one with large size tyres to float over the grass. We have an arb trolly and it works well for long drags of brush as you don't leave a big trail of crap all over the lawn saves loads on the clean up. But I find it heavy to big to fit through lots of gates takes up to much room on the truck and stupidly overpriced. You could buy that new orange one that's just hit the market if you want a poorly made version of the original.

It is probably a life saver on 10% of our jobs, just another bit of kit that is very job specific.

:thumbup1:

Get yourself a garden centre trolley i found one in a wood (so cost nothing )

I've put at least 100-150kg in it !

For it's cost (did i say i found it? ) it's ACE!!

HI CHEESY PETE well but you can not get 500/600kgs plus on a garden trolley we have a large trolley we moved a LARGE HOT TUB WITH MY ONE:thumbup1: :thumbup1:BUT ONE AT THE APF SHOW I COULD NOT MOVE IT AS IT WAS IN DEEP MUD :lol:THANKS JON :thumbup:

HI CHEESY PETE well but you can not get 500/600kgs plus on a garden trolley we have a large trolley we moved a LARGE HOT TUB WITH MY ONE:thumbup1: :thumbup1:BUT ONE AT THE APF SHOW I COULD NOT MOVE IT AS IT WAS IN DEEP MUD :lol:THANKS JON :thumbup:

yeah but this guy has no trolley at all he isn't dealing with 500kg pieces on a regular basis if he was hell i don't know what he's doing !!!(can't hand ball that)

i was giving him a genuine alternative (i looked it up 200k is the limit )

putting a bit of 3x2 too extend the sides and hey free trolley