Before & After

treeman22tyger

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just ask why did you put your flip line on top of stuff to go through the chipper? I think you need to watch out for your equipment a bit more. First thing I do is get all the gear away from the tree once I'm down

One of our guys mistakenly put a steel karibiner through the chipper.

Chipped the blades so off they went to be sharpened.

We gave him grace... He's a good lad works like a trojan (not the saws) and is very loyal. He was more gutted than I was. These things happen from time to time. The important thing is we learned from it.

Docking someone's wages like that would be a last resort after repeated warnings etc...

Certainly wouldn't name and shame him on here.

One of our guys mistakenly put a steel karibiner through the chipper.

Chipped the blades so off they went to be sharpened.

We gave him grace... He's a good lad works like a trojan (not the saws) and is very loyal. He was more gutted than I was. These things happen from time to time. The important thing is we learned from it.

Docking someone's wages like that would be a last resort after repeated warnings etc...

Certainly wouldn't name and shame him on here.

Hi tree I do not think it RIGHT TO NAME YOU CHAP THEN ASK HIM TO PAY for kit TREE it not good think to come on here and name your chap like this just move on from it BUT BOTH LEARN FROM IT TO THANKS JON

Before you all start criticising me, it was him that put the flip line and the rest of the kit on the tarp and dragged it out he was supposed to be putting the kit away while I was blowing the rear garden. Then he decided to start chipping the stuff up. I was still in the back garden.

And no he doesn't have any kids he still lives at home with his mum. If it wasn't the fact that he is a really good mate then he would have been given the sack for gross negligence.

He was lucky that it was only the blades and flip line cause if it had been anything else then he would have been given the sack, mate or not. His mistake could easily have cost me thousands.

Shall I start topping all the other stuff he has broken over the years.. Blower that he ran over with the truck... Husky saw he ran over with the truck, rakes he has put through the chipper, his own phone he put through the chipper, and how about all the chains he has blunted over the years that he can't sharpen.

Yes I suppose ultimately it is all my responsibility but how can I make sure that he doesn't run over saws and blowers when I am not even there? Should I remove all responsibility from him and reduce his wages? People need to learn to respect the kit they are entrusted with and treat it like it's their own.