Insurance Query

Rich Rule

Does anyone have any recommendation for insurance companies?

I am a freelance climber, without employees, truck chippers etc, looking for PL and Personal Accident cover... I have spoken to my bank etc about Income protection cover but thought it might be worth while to ask people who have already gone down this route.

Cheers,

Rich

Rich, as a self-employed person, I wouldnt dream of not having some form of personal accident cover. After 7yrs without a claim, I seriously damaged my right arm, tore the muscle from the bone from the base of the bicep, thru the elbow, and down the forearm. As I couldnt carry out my everyday tasks I was classified as totally disabled for 20 weeks. Without the Accident plan I would have been broke. with it I could afford to support my family. As for PLI, I dont think its not worth having it either, companies you sub out to can see that you are serious, and its one less headache for them.

Hi Rich - I have got personal accident income protection with a company called Pioneer Friendly. My monthly premium is fairly reasonable, although I opted for the cheaper option of the payments starting after the first 4 weeks post incident. If you want the policy to pay out starting on the day you stop work the premium doubles.

This policy isn't just for accidents either - it'll cover you for any legitimate reason to stop work.

Fellas, I approached NFU Dover for PL Insurance and they would only give me cover to a max height of 10metres......and it was gonna cost £2300.

Any Thoughts on this......Which office should I approach.

I was going to post a similer thread, I was told last year they only insure landscapers, and tree work to X amount of meters, I was told as well they only insure up to 2mill, i'm not calling anyone a liar by the way, as during the insurance crisis the only firm who would insure me was the CIS, and my insurance cover was a one off