Avant 420?

Daggi

Agreed, you cannot compare the 2 machines. The spec sheets only tell half the story and both makes and models have their strengths and weaknesses. The multione is a great bit of kit, just happened that the Avant performed better for what I need.

How did my grab perform on the Multione :001_smile:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a ripper while I was there too and loaded it with the machine you demoed. Do you think it would have performed the same as the avant if it had the same wheels and tyres ?

Guys.... According to the specs of the machines, the wheels and tyres are the same on both the 635 and the 7.3+

23x10.50-12

Perhaps Steve had smaller wheels/tyres on the 7.3+ for some reason?

Guys.... According to the specs of the machines, the wheels and tyres are the same on both the 635 and the 7.3+

23x10.50-12

Perhaps Steve had smaller wheels/tyres on the 7.3+ for some reason?

I'm not 100% sure but I think the avant had 26 x 12-12 whatever that means. They were certainly bigger and wider. Nothing to stop you putting bigger tyres on the multione and it may well make a difference. My chip and log site is in a muddy corner of a field so ability in the mud is paramount for me. The multione with the torque divider had more ability to get out of a rut but the avant didn't seem to get as bogged down in the first place.

Hi All, A little bit more info from MultiOne on wheels and tyre sizes.

The wheels on the demo 7.3+ were 23x10.50-12 and yes, this can be swapped out for 26x12.00-12. This increases the ground clearance by 1.5" and also increases the 'climb out' ability as it's a taller tyre.

26 = 26" diameter. 12.00 = 12" width and 12 = 12" rim size.

therefore, the other tyre is smaller and narrower:-

23 = 23" diameter. 10.50 - 10.5" width and 12 - 12" rim.

The 7.3+ has a significantly higher lift capacity (max 1550kgs @ 500mm load centre) than the other machine and could happily perform Adam's tasks without the back-weights (these were fitted on the demo), which makes the machine lighter (and cheaper) and will improve weight distribution over both axles, making it perform better in soft ground.

Finally, the standard fitment of torque divider (splits the drive like a full diff lock for max traction) in the drive system is a must for any machine of this type working in the fields and woods. Don't buy a machine for arb use without it.

Hope this info is useful to all.

Steve/MultiOne Uk

• 3 weeks later...