Slang!

Asimina

I've only been here a day and I've learned many new words. I would like to know more, I hate when I have my foot in mouth. :lol:

Pom?

Cizzer?

Plant-I know this one now. It's not about plants.

French letter-hahahaha, this one makes no sense at all.

Scrumpy? I don't know, but I think I like it. :)

I'll add more as I notice them. I know I could Google, but where's the fun in that?

HI MATE LOOKING FOR LARGE HARD WOOD BUTTS to mate :thumbup1:THANKS JON :thumbup:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the girls i was sniffing around when i was in the states called everything she thought to be cool, "spunky" which i always sniggered at :biggrin:

Scrumpy can also mean tasty (food) or tasty as in pretty girl, who could also be called a bit of crumpet, which is also something nice roasted by the fire smeared in butter

Isotonic is a type of sports drink which is good for replenishing the bodys salts(?)

You guys have isotonic drinks, as that was something i drank a load off after getting unwell due to the altitude and not drinking enough.

I think you must have been drinking Gatorade. It's not very tasty (scrumpy), quite salty and a little sweet.

Crumpets are difficult to find here, and I bet they don't taste nearly as good as crumpets in their native land. I'm speaking of the food kind. Not sure about American women being called crumpets. :lol:

Where I hark from, pop means sweet fizzy drinks. Never heard of 'creeter' but critter can be used to mean the same.

"... or tasty as in pretty girl, who could also be called a bit of crumpet, which is also something nice roasted by the fire smeared in butter."

Clears throat and coughs several times.

Never heard 'scrumpy' used in those contexts. But have heard the word 'scrummy' in similar.

Scrumpy can and often does mean a rough cider/cizzer. The kind of liquid or semi-gel that will strip paint at fifty yards, (54.16m for the youngsters) and supply a hangover for a week. Two pints equals heaven and three results in a viewing of the world from a relaxing reclined position, i.e. incapable of getting up from wherever you landed.

Nowt = nothing

Neh = no

A know nothing = someone who has little or no knowledge of the subject being spoken of or situation at hand.

Trousers or trous = pant

Pants = an under garment worn between trousers and skin

Bottle-it = to lose ones nerve or to chicken out

IT = anything even loosely connected to the notion of 'information technology'. Whereas 'It' is a 1950s or 1950s film, where contaminated sugar leads to ants growing to enormous size and eating everything and everybody.

ID = a proof of personal identification

ID or id = to identify something or someone

id = the self within, that part of oneself which is inate, impulsive, the really you inside your mind

Sacrifice = somebody who relinquishes their life-force to appease the rain gods

I find it disconcerting when it's not raining. There must be something wrong with the world if it's not raining... everyone knows that.

Push-bike = a non motorised bicycle

Bike = a motorised or non motorised (bi)cycle

Lid = can also mean a safety helmet or hard-hat

Bad = something edible which has ceased being entirely safe to consume.

Or it can mean someone who it rotten.

But in no civilised country or nation should the word ever be used to apportion blame or a mistake on ones part. 'Bad' being used in such a manner, is quite simply absurd and those who use it in such a way, equally so!

Edited by TGB