timberwolf 230 dhb,

prolinep

nice powerful machine with big opening and i like grease points and easy access to blades.obviously no room for spare wheel and emergency stop button gone from top and and other two control buttons placed on both sides which is handy.overall i think its good machine and worth investing in if u can afford it:) by the way i dnt have one but had a demo last week and boss going to get in a few weeks.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my main thing is iv never owned a tw and had people say (who also have never owned one) they the tw aren't are robust as jenson or greenmech. this is something thats been on my mind so for those that own a TW whats reliability like? also loving these comments sounds like its the machine for me going on what people say. :)

Look after them , keeping the blades sharp and rollers helps, productivity and longevity of the machine.

We have a 2002 150 that's still going strong , put a new bottom roller in there couple of weeks ago and it's like a new machine .... But very rusty !

Same with jensons if they are abused they will fail spectacularly as well, I saw one break up its fly wheel and bits go through the engine writing it off once another snap its axle in transport.

Look after them , keeping the blades sharp and rollers helps, productivity and longevity of the machine.

We have a 2002 150 that's still going strong , put a new bottom roller in there couple of weeks ago and it's like a new machine .... But very rusty !

Same with jensons if they are abused they will fail spectacularly as well, I saw one break up its fly wheel and bits go through the engine writing it off once another snap its axle in transport.

I agree, I have a 2003 tw, chips as good today as the first day I bought it.

Been a few issues over the years, mostly due to badly replaced main bearings.

Bits have broken off cos they're built light.

I enquired about a 230, they said January earliest.

After the new year I'll order one. If it lasts as long as my 150 I'll be happy.

[quote name=prolinep;1193145

also wheres best place to purchase at the mo' date=' like best price?

cheers[/quote]

That comment is one that has some weight behind it. Why not buy it off of your local dealer? No matter the make, stay faithful to your local supplier and he will stay faithful to you. Buy it elsewhere then take it back to him and you may find that he is less amenable. Why would he help you when you haven't helped him?

Let's change this around, a local personage always gets you to sort his trees when in a rush. One day, you pass by and there is another outfit in doing a spicy takedown. Next week he needs another rush job doing and you're kind of busy. Do you tell him to join the queue or shift things about as he is an honest and faithful customer?

In all things, support local businesses, when they are gone because everyone went out of the county, don't wings and moan about HAVING to go out the county!

That comment is one that has some weight behind it. Why not buy it off of your local dealer? No matter the make, stay faithful to your local supplier and he will stay faithful to you. Buy it elsewhere then take it back to him and you may find that he is less amenable. Why would he help you when you haven't helped him?

Let's change this around, a local personage always gets you to sort his trees when in a rush. One day, you pass by and there is another outfit in doing a spicy takedown. Next week he needs another rush job doing and you're kind of busy. Do you tell him to join the queue or shift things about as he is an honest and faithful customer?

In all things, support local businesses, when they are gone because everyone went out of the county, don't wings and moan about HAVING to go out the county!

Good post, plus I don't think there's any discounting to be had on these machines. Supply and demand.

yeah normally I'm all about keeping it local and then if you have a problem you have somewhere to fall back on, Just down my way the nearest local TW dealer is over an hour away (i used to have a local but now they are greenmech) so thats why it pushes me to go online to say Arb and Forest just as they seem to have good prices but didn't now if there was any cheaper deals going at the mo. Id get another greenmech but just fancy a change to TW with this new machine. I guess though If I get a demo i can speak to the guy thats an hour or so away and see what he can do.

good to hear the reviews of the 150 people have had are good though, makes me feel confident about the 230. :D

yeah normally I'm all about keeping it local and then if you have a problem you have somewhere to fall back on, Just down my way the nearest local TW dealer is over an hour away (i used to have a local but now they are greenmech) so thats why it pushes me to go online to say Arb and Forest just as they seem to have good prices but didn't now if there was any cheaper deals going at the mo. Id get another greenmech but just fancy a change to TW with this new machine. I guess though If I get a demo i can speak to the guy thats an hour or so away and see what he can do.

good to hear the reviews of the 150 people have had are good though, makes me feel confident about the 230. :D

There will be people on soon to slate them😄

We have a tw190 which is getting tired. I was ready to slap down 17k on a brand spanker 190 then to complicate decisions this tw230 came along which I've been told is comparable with a 190 but lighter so does't take two blokes to move.

Then to complicate things more once I'm considering the 230 the tw man at apf tells me there's a new 190 on route.

Tough decisions as I hope that a new machine will see me through the next 8 odd years and I hope to be doing something else by then