timberwolf 230 dhb,

prolinep

I picked up my 230 on Tuesday morning from Spectrum Plant and I have to say that it has saved us so much time compared to our old machine its unbelievable.

What would have taken 30-40 mins with our old Vermeer 625 has only been taking about 8 mins with this machine (and I have timed it too!!), so far it has been running for a total of 36 mins last week which would be a saving of at least 3 hours i would say.

No more cutting stuff up to get it through and no worrying about which way round the smaller brash goes in, it chews it all up with no fuss whatsoever.

Call Phil @ Spectrum Plant. Top bloke.

From what I hear though the waiting list is now till March 2015.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a tw190 which is getting tired. I was ready to slap down 17k on a brand spanker 190 then to complicate decisions this tw230 came along which I've been told is comparable with a 190 but lighter so does't take two blokes to move.

Then to complicate things more once I'm considering the 230 the tw man at apf tells me there's a new 190 on route.

Tough decisions as I hope that a new machine will see me through the next 8 odd years and I hope to be doing something else by then

Have you though about getting a 230 now then trading it in when the new 190 comes out.

I looked at the 190 and decided it wasn't worth the extra at the moment.

Have you though about getting a 230 now then trading it in when the new 190 comes out.

I looked at the 190 and decided it wasn't worth the extra at the moment.

Possibly as I imagine it won't depreciate much, I do think there is a big diffrence between a 150 and 190 I would hate to go back to big connie bashing with a 150 so I'm hoping the 230 will be best of both

I'm just hanging on to see if they deliver an updated 190 size machine on a turntable as that'd fit my needs spot on.

Looking at the 230 it shows timberwolf have listened to everything customers hav had to say and put it into practice to create a very good machine but only time will tell..

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1415050036.927615.jpg.5625d3532fc5f0a7d86c43243da16d0a.jpg

1st outing with my new 230, with the best possible job to try it on.

Topped conifer in the pissing down rain. It absolutely smashed it!!!

I do still love my 150, which is sadly for sale now as I can't afford to run 2x chippers. Late 2011 with 460hrs on clock and I've only just changed the bearings and feed roller blades.

Nothing wrong with the chipper, just a upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

[ATTACH]168325[/ATTACH]

1st outing with my new 230, with the best possible job to try it on.

Topped conifer in the pissing down rain. It absolutely smashed it!!!

I do still love my 150, which is sadly for sale now as I can't afford to run 2x chippers. Late 2011 with 460hrs on clock and I've only just changed the bearings and feed roller blades.

Nothing wrong with the chipper, just a upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

How much for 150?

Glad to hear the 230 is working out, whets the appetite.

Re 150 rollers, my 2003 model has 1300 hrs and the rollers have only a couple of nicks, basically as good as new.

How longs have other people's lasted?

Mines on just over 800hrs and is a 2004 and the roller blades could do with changing now.