Stolen Timberwolf 150 DHB

Woody wood cutter

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How it used to work with cars is that you pay Tracker' or similar for the installation of the transmitter & an annual fee, not sure how how much. The transmitter constantly emits a low power/short range (couple of hundred yds) signal. If it gets stolen & once the owner tells the police & the tracker company, Tracker will only then remotely boost the signal from the stolen car to extend the range, probably to half a mile or so I think. Some police cars are tracker equipped & it pings up it their cars. Of course it depends upon the owner knowing in the first place that its been stolen. I used to enjoy going into the gipsy sites for any reason & never had a problem in the Met. Normally the thief would park it up for a day or so to see it was 'found' by having been fitted with a tracker so if it was still there after that he's know he was safe. If we had time we'd watch it once found & grab them when they came to collect.

Edited by leswold

How it used to work with cars is that you pay Tracker' or similar for the installation of the transmitter & an annual fee, not sure how how much. The transmitter constantly emits a low power/short range (couple of hundred yds) signal. If it gets stolen & once the owner tells the police & the tracker company, Tracker will only then remotely boost the signal from the stolen car to extend the range, probably to half a mile or so I think. Some police cars are tracker equipped & it pings up it their cars. Of course it depends upon the owner knowing in the first place that its been stolen. I used to enjoy going into the gipsy sites for any reason & never had a problem in the Met. Normally the thief would park it up for a day or so to see it was 'found' by having been fitted with a tracker so if it was still there after that he's know he was safe. If we had time we'd watch it once found & grab them when they came to collect.

Shame our local force does not think like that when our gear was nicked a few years ago they stashed the stuff they had on bored and put our gear in. A local farmer came across there stash and reported it rather than lie in wait they just told the owner to collect. To be fair there is one group responsible for 90 % of the theft in Herefordshire the police do everything they can to get them I'm court the judge then hands out very lie sentences.

There us a case at the moment where a farmer in a remote location been robbed on many occasions threatened some one with a shotgun police called he is taken away!

Thank you for the notification, This machine record has now been marked stolen at the manufacturers, Rest assured Timberwolf will never knowingly sell spares for any machine that we have marked as stolen on our records.

yes, but will you sell parts without a serial number under any circumstances??

i had one of those trackers once that the police can trace. Waste of money. the damn thing drained the machines battery after a couple of days, you couldnt tell if it was working, and it had to be fitted by them and they always drilled holes and ran cables where you wouldnt want them.

at least the one i use is transferrable to anything at anytime!

as already said, track it yourself and deal with it.

another top tip if you are being robbed. call the fire brigade and say your place is on fire. you get 6 burly guys to help then, not some pcso!!

Not from mine , police will not go on traveller sites as they need armed response , helicopters and a lot of man power...I reported a theft and got the tracker activated on one within 20 mins once and there was no recovery full stop.

our tracker company told us the exact location

police not interested

DIY recovery with the spare key and a few big blokes

i had one of those trackers once that the police can trace. Waste of money. the damn thing drained the machines battery after a couple of days, you couldnt tell if it was working, and it had to be fitted by them and they always drilled holes and ran cables where you wouldnt want them.

at least the one i use is transferrable to anything at anytime!

as already said, track it yourself and deal with it.

another top tip if you are being robbed. call the fire brigade and say your [/b]place is on fire. you get 6 burly guys to help then, not some pcso!!

better still say you thought someone had a gun and you get

dogs helicopter and cops with gun