TW125 vs. TW150

Mark Bolam

I'm puzzled.

Timberwolf state that the output for a 150 is 4 tonnes/hour and for a petrol 125 2 tonnes/hour.

I have used both machines extensively, and have never noticed that much difference in time to fill the chip back.

Sure the 150 will chip 6 inch and slightly less snedding is required, but can it really be twice as fast? Or are the figures obtained by feeding with 4 inch cord so the 125 is in the stress all the time?

Would be interested to hear what anyone else thinks who has had EXPERIENCE using both these machines. Please don't turn this thread into a 'my36inchchipperisbiggerthanyoursandlittlechippersareuseless' bore-fest!

Thanks.

Well i have a 125 and that is perfect for domestic work. Where you dont need the chipper running all day!

Personnally i think the 125 suits a small crew 2-3 men doing upto largish domestic jobs and the 150 would be better for the crew that is carrying out more commercial clearence work.

I have used both in the past and think they are great for what they are designed for.

The 125 you do find being able to push into small gardens if needed.

i have used both i would say the 150 will fill your chip box in less time as the feed rolers are a little faster and the mas of a 6 inch piece of timber is greater than that of a 4 inch piece of timber . personally i would have the 125 for domestic as its light , easy to move round by hand and you dont always need a bigger chipper but for the commercial side of things i will stick with my tw190 (sadly its not a turbo but on the bright side it does not drink fuel like a turbo . but that is only my personal oppinion