Dosko 6 Inch Wood Chipper

padman

Been offered one of these - it has the 25HP Kohler petrol engine.

Before I commit I was wondering what you guys think of this machine - It will be my first chipper.

Advice appreciated.

Is it the one on e-bay? If yes I would say bit pricey for what it is. Not herd of the name before. You need to know how easy parts are to get ect. In my opinion I would save another £1000 of so and try and get a named chipper so you know parts are easy to get. Remember a fool and his money are soon separated. So don't be a fool and dive in without knowing about what you are buying. Saying that if you can get it for £500 below what he wants that gives you a bit of money to spend on it if it needs it. Just my advice and opinion

Used one here in NZ and it was a great little chipper. 6 inch but happier taking a little smaller although it would take 6. Never faltered, never failed, produces nice fine chip. I still see the same one being used a s back up to a 15 inch Morbark so obviously it hasn't been killed yet. Can't comment on spares in the UK though.

Used one here in NZ and it was a great little chipper. 6 inch but happier taking a little smaller although it would take 6. Never faltered, never failed, produces nice fine chip. I still see the same one being used a s back up to a 15 inch Morbark so obviously it hasn't been killed yet. Can't comment on spares in the UK though.

That's good info for him to decide what he wants to do.who makes them and country of origin ?

That's good info for him to decide what he wants to do.who makes them and country of origin ?

Don't actually know. Had a couple of them here in NZ. Timbersaws used to supply them I think. They were just a neat little lightweight chipper; not as good as a bandit six I don't think but then they were nowhere near as expensive.

Been offered one of these - it has the 25HP Kohler petrol engine.

Before I commit I was wondering what you guys think of this machine - It will be my first chipper.

Advice appreciated.

I used a lister engined one for years, single feed roller? Bill Dand copied the design and marketed it as a bluechip. Spares should still be available from Danequip at Bordon but it's a very old design now.

Dosko are US, have been making stuff for ages and are going strong in the UK. They make very good smaller stumpgrinders too.

As for parts I doubt there's a problem; a hire shop near me has a small Dosko stumpy. I believe that at least some of the drive train - belts maybe or pulleys - are made by one of the biggest Japanese plant manufacturers who have their UK head office in West Surrey somewhere but I can't remember who it is! Not Komatsu I don't think.... help!

I remember dosko chippers from when I first started about 16 years ago, just as Entec became timberwolf?

They were marketed as a low cost chipper back then, and from memory the feed on them was a bit slow? It was at the time that the new regs regarding safety features was brought about and the safety bar was a bit of a retro fit thing that caused stoppages a lot.

If its still in use I would think these issues have been ironed out, and they did seem robust- most things were back then:sneaky2:

Yep - American machine and parts do not seem to be a problem in the UK.

Looks a tidy machine - wants £2k for it.

Should I shouldn't I - god I cant make my mind up with bloody chippers - did bid on a Ram one yesterday and missed out yet again.

dosko.jpg.95a09f65c6ac62a2b8b8b02340ad5b13.jpg