Helicopter dismantling.

Graham

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen this in Canada!

They also use a upside down hopper with blades which topps trees in forest compartments.

From my understanding this was undertaken on edge trees to promote a more windfirm edge, reduced sail area etc.

I'm trying to get a job passed by a client at the moment which will use a helicopter to remove sections!

Fingers crossed! Will post the vid if i get the go ahead!

I'm trying to get a job passed by a client at the moment which will use a helicopter to remove sections!

Fingers crossed! Will post the vid if i get the go ahead!

Cool, in the UK? who will you be using, someone like pennine helis or PDG, i know which one i would be using, also make sure your not planning to lift over any utilities/public rights of way as far as im aware none of the UK heli lift agencies have insurance to do this, unless the road/PROW is closed, you will also need to be pretty flexible in timings as as you can be all set up on site and get a phone call to tell you the heli has been diverted to somewhere else in europe on fire fighting duties :thumbdown: (so winter work is the safest bet)

Its not cheap work, but defo get a initial flight to confirm route, lifting and drop sites etc, as these guys arent normal passenger pilots and really now how to swing the heli round in a hurry :001_tt1: (freaked me out my first time up in one, as he got about 15ft above the ground and put it hard to the side and went out over the reservior sideways :scared1: )

i used to do work for the national trust and we used to fly fencing and heather bales out onto the moor and usually 1 of us would be responsible for connecting each load to the helicopter and the other one would ride in chopper giving directions

and one guy in particular thought he was in vietnam or thought it would be funny putting it through its paces

awesome after my first couple of hours i asked him if he could really show me what it could do

His face was a picture:scared1: