payment from buyers on Ebay?

shillo

I recently sold a Metro car on fleabag, buyer won't even respond! It seems there are a fair amount of wasters and tossers about. Anyone got a clue what I should do - it was peanuts money.....

Missus sold a 7" long sideboard, buyer rang and asked if we help her fit it into her Saab convertible!

In my ebay next to the item there will be an option, I think it's now called dispute resolution or non paying bidder.

Ebay is full of wasters but have also met the occasional really nice person.

One thing I have found when selling machinery on there is a lot of exporters buy then try bidding you down when they come to collect.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently sold a Metro car on fleabag, buyer won't even respond! It seems there are a fair amount of wasters and tossers about. Anyone got a clue what I should do - it was peanuts money.....

Missus sold a 7" long sideboard, buyer rang and asked if we help her fit it into her Saab convertible!

You should be ashamed of yourself pete for trying to sell such a piece of crap!

One of the rules of Paypal is that you must ensure you have proof of delivery if you have taken payment via this method. For this reason do not accept payment by Paypal if item is collected as all it takes is for buyer to say he didnt receive item, the seller has not tracking details and so Paypal claim funds back.

Best way on large sums is bank transfer, most people have internet or smartphone banking so they can pay once they have seen the machine or else cash but in that case accompany them to the bank and let them pay it in over the counter into your account. That way any suspect notes should come to light or else the bank are responsible for taking them in plus all is on CCTV.

Just be warned that there was a spate of dodgy bank drafts originating from the Midlands a while back, chippers were a favourite thing to buy with them. Bank drafts should be treated in the same way as a cheque unless you receive written proof from the issuing bank that the draft is genuine

You should be ashamed of yourself pete for trying to sell such a piece of crap!

You wouldn't be saying that if it were a 6R4! They went like stink which I suppose does come off of crap but this was for a 1st timer Ian, it would have done the lad for a bit but had too much rust on it and I had too little time!

Chips next Friday? Sure it is your go too....:sneaky2:

ebay auctions leave too much room for dreamers and idiots, for large items an ebay classified ad is better IMO, I use a buy it now price 25% higher than I want with best offer, I find there's far fewer problems than with auctions, the fees are low and the ad can be listed for a month, plus there's no comback as the buyer can't open an ebay dispute. Clearly state the conditions of sale on tha ad, I find collection only is best, tho you can arrange your own delivery for a charge after cleared funds.

Be very careful with paypal, the buyer can take the item, then claim there is a problem, start a case with ebay and they may refund his money.

Bank transfer or cash, IMO.

I had constant problems with paypal and credit cards - there is now a class of people who complain to the payment companies about EVERYTHING they buy

Barclaycard just refund them and tell you to "sort it out" Not funny when its £500+ and they refund the customer and just stick a letter in the post to you....sometimes first thing you hear is the letter from barclaycard, paypal not much better

We really need a customer rating scheme so you can avoid selling to these scamsters

Be careful with PayPal! Loads of scams at the minute in the process of selling a transit dropside, had a response saying he would give me the full asking price, however he worked away on the rigs and would not be able to collect himself, but a currier would collect the vehicle. I agreed to this then I recieved a payment confirmation from PayPal all appeared to be genuine, however an extra £600 was put on the price it stated at the bottom if the 600 was paid upfront be me for the shipping costs the remainder then would be paid to my account!

I share you can imagine my response!

He then started getting funny with me for not completing the transaction even though he had changed the terms.

After telling him to get lost, a few days later I got another email for a different address stating a disabled lady wanted to give me full asking price however she could not collect herself.

I told her she can collect the vehicle from a works address of

West Yorkshire Police, didn't hear anything after that.