Wanted 1749 Arbtalkers with a grand

Out of interest, how does a landshare agreement work?

The value here appears to be timber and deer. The obligations are replanting (inc. effort in getting the replanting scheme approved), quarrying stone to make up the trackways and potentially getting planning permission for some form of accommodation/storage facility, followed by building it.

How would you go about organising such a thing in a way which satisfied the interests of a large number of interested parties? Particular challenge appears to be the stalking rights - 65 deer don't go very far between 1750 people (might just get a venison burger each?)

This isn't supposed to sound confrontational - I'm genuinely interested in how such an arrangement could be set up. I once tried to do it for shared ownership of a boat between 10 and that was a nightmare due to opposing interests. I wondered if there was a recognised approach which might address it.

Alec

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The value here appears to be timber and deer. The obligations are replanting (inc. effort in getting the replanting scheme approved), quarrying stone to make up the trackways and potentially getting planning permission for some form of accommodation/storage facility, followed by building it.

How would you go about organising such a thing in a way which satisfied the interests of a large number of interested parties? Particular challenge appears to be the stalking rights - 65 deer don't go very far between 1750 people (might just get a venison burger each?)

This isn't supposed to sound confrontational - I'm genuinely interested in how such an arrangement could be set up. I once tried to do it for shared ownership of a boat between 10 and that was a nightmare due to opposing interests. I wondered if there was a recognised approach which might address it.

Alec

It would have to be majority shareholders with little active involvement and a parish council style bossy nucleus.

I'd build a strip bar on my patch. That many hairy woodcutters? I'd be quids in!

Might even have a YMCA night.

Where are you gonna find the strippers? Although I wouldn't think you'd have much difficulty if you went into Glasgow with a bag of chips and some smack!

I'll open a saw repair shop on my patch, I'll make even more money knowing how the arbtalk community likes to wreck saws. If rob d joins in, we're sorted!

Where are you gonna find the strippers? Although I wouldn't think you'd have much difficulty if you went into Glasgow with a bag of chips and some smack!

I'll open a saw repair shop on my patch, I'll make even more money knowing how the arbtalk community likes to wreck saws. If rob d joins in, we're sorted!

What do you mean find? I'm right here! Apparently there's a cutter up Staffordshire way that's not too bad either!

What do you get if 1750 arbtalkers spend a grand

http://johnclegg.s3.amazonaws.com/rosal-forest_264482334.pdf

Looks good value to me but the locals might know different.

It's a good spot John. Just too far away to be practical for me despite the appeal! The process works for Woodlands.co.uk although in a different way (profit). If there were an opportunity S / SW UK, I'd be in for a joint purchase.

Alec

We have a landshare of upto 15 plots based on our old horticultural business. Each family has a designated area to grow vegetables on an outdoor plot and within two polytunnels there is also communal areas for rearing animals ie pig club sheep club. Normally have 2 batches of 4 pigs per year and each family in pig club gets 1/2 pig at a time. First Sunday every month have 2 hour communal work session which can extend depending on size of project to all day followed by BBQ and beers.