Lost/stolen timberwolf 150dhb!

Owenhaydn

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that maybe it was unhitched and left on the jockey wheel? If you were being watched, you only have to go around a bend and it is left unattended then the scum quickly appear and have it away! That happened to a mate 15 years ago.

Having flipped my chipper a while ago it's fair to say that a chipper parting company from the towing vehicle is a very noisy event - even drug-crazed groundies would hear it.

It would probably not be in a moveable state after it has stopped - so if no carnage was evident then I would suspect a sneeky uncoupling job just prior to departure or even at a set of lights.

Hope you get it back intact and without human tissue all over it.

I used to tow a timber wolf behind an 18tonner, you couldn't see it in the mirrors unless almost jackknifing it.

Also worked for a company who when parked at the lights, some underhand characters unhitched the chipper and waited for the lads to drive off, (in a 7.5tonner you won't feel a 750kg chipper) so might not be p45 time!

I was at a local hire shop last year, a company came in to hire a chipper, hitched on, signed paperwork and left......the chipper behind. Latch not locked down. About 20 minutes later they returned red-faced to say they'd lost the chipper. :001_rolleyes: to say they were relieved to hear it was still there was an understatement, they'd crossed a mainline Inter-City high speed crossing on route to their job.

I've seen the bolts shear on tow hitches, on the truck, chipper comes off and goes across the road missing cars, tow ball still locked to chipper (never slip the check cable over the tow ball!!) and I've seen the drawbar of the chipper fracture and luckily be held by a fag-paper of metal (check chipper routinely)

In this case it sounds like someone with light fingers has unhitched it in traffic. Easily done without a lock.

Well I'm the truck I know you can't see it without jacknifing, and it depends how loud the radio was!

I think it does sound like it's been lifted as someone would have to have been quick to have stolen it had it fallen off.

Thanks for the replies guys, we were due a new chipper soon anyway! Gonna get another 190tdhb I think ;)

Well I'm the truck I know you can't see it without jacknifing, and it depends how loud the radio was!

I think it does sound like it's been lifted as someone would have to have been quick to have stolen it had it fallen off.

Thanks for the replies guys, we were due a new chipper soon anyway! Gonna get another 190tdhb I think ;)

wasnt some of the safty wire still on the truck ?