Rats!

IanW

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remains one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed......

Smoking rats out of an old stone wall with a knackered disc cutter modded with a tube from the exhaust, I'm holding the smoker, mate waiting ready with 4x2 (and a pair of nasty Jack Russels) to smack the rats as they come out......

Big nasty bustard jumped right on his arm! He yelped like a girl, JR's when mad, but it was my German Sheperd that got the rat (didn't quite know what to do with it though) tossed it up in the air, one JR flew in from the left, the other from the right, each dog got a bite on mid air and ripped the rat in 2 mid air!

It loses the "funny" in translation, but it was my mate screaming like a be-atch that sticks in my mind!

Part of the gentlemans agreement at one of my yards is for me to keep the rats down in the farm buildings.

Ime now using the most potent bait available to anyone,red stuff which will kill them ive found in 3 days,but as fast as 1 gang are done in,another lot move in a few days later.

Those i notice running around my cord stack are simply blown to smithereens with my Browning 725.

pre charge .177 with multi pellet holder and night sights. and jacks only way to keep rats down, rats are getting imune to baits may kill the young ones but the alpha,s like a snack to them.

and its getting cold and less food about so will be moving in were its warm and there is food to be had.

pre charge .177 with multi pellet holder and night sights. and jacks only way to keep rats down, rats are getting imune to baits may kill the young ones but the alpha,s like a snack to them.

and its getting cold and less food about so will be moving in were its warm and there is food to be had.

I lost lots of apples already. They were nesting in a stone wall nearby, coming out, climbing the trees, knocking apples off and dragging them back into the wall.

side by side 4.10. aint seen one of them for years:thumbup1:

You'll have to wait a bit longer then, it's a single barrel hush power.

There used to be a fresh fish shop at the farm and the owner would dump out of date fish on my fire spot. The rats were like body builders, absolutely huge.

I used to spend hours shooting them with these.

image.jpg.7541d1a62759887bd41faca2e5cb50a2.jpg

Worked with guy who'd been professional vermin killer

Said on the boats they used to pour dettol ino the bilges and make sure there was no water available

They then put bowls of strychenine out ( with painted warning signs on floor) and left them overnight

Next morning there was ring of dead rats round every bowl

He said worst he ever saw was factory making those seed things you put in budgies cage

They just backed lorry into factory andtipped seed ( linseed?) ono the heap

Full of mice

They sealed factory and gassed it

He said when they went in every flat surface covered with dead mice

Including the roof beams

Part of the gentlemans agreement at one of my yards is for me to keep the rats down in the farm buildings.

Ime now using the most potent bait available to anyone,red stuff which will kill them ive found in 3 days,but as fast as 1 gang are done in,another lot move in a few days later.

Those i notice running around my cord stack are simply blown to smithereens with my Browning 725.

Its always worrying to me when people specify what sort of poison they use just by the colour then people wonder why people want stricter rules on poisons. The colour is irrelevant the active ingredient is the thing to look at.

You'll have to wait a bit longer then, it's a single barrel hush power.

There used to be a fresh fish shop at the farm and the owner would dump out of date fish on my fire spot. The rats were like body builders, absolutely huge.

I used to spend hours shooting them with these.

can I come and play?

:D

At a local estate with a conventional pig unit we used to fill the steam cleaners with Jeyes fluid in the cleaner part and have them on as high a PSI and as high a temp as possible chuck the pressure washer lances into the crash barriers at various points with blokes ready with shovels. Had a damn good haul one evening, 150 in 4 hours. Soon after the floor collapsed because of the tunnels under the soil floor.