What is the best way to process arb arisings!

benedmonds

Been asking the same question. Is there anything on the market that could split a large man handle able size log into split logs in one go that doesn't have a 6ft ram. If not would there be a market for one and how much would you pay for one

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we did big rings we covered our processor deck with timber or ply and then loaded a few tonne on it with the bobcat. Pulled the rings to the vertical splitter with hookeroons. One man can do it on his own without breaking back lifting off floor. I have a pic somewhere but not on this pc if it helps.

How much, in monetary terms, do you make from log sales; how much does it cost to process the timber? Is there scope to outsource the cutting, splitting and selling to a third party and you merely sell them the timber and rent a piece of your yard for them to work from?

Don't pay skilled blokes lots to do what 16 year old rugby players will do for peanuts.

Use tables/rolling racks/slides to make moving stuff sideways easier and/or gravity assisted.

Jet wash to clean but preferably tip straight onto a clean, high platform (to take advantage of tables/rolling racks/slides).

Or just sell it as is and let somebody else have the hassle.

I don't no any 16 year olds I would leave with a saw or any firewood machinery start putting tractors and forklifts in the mix and it's a disaster waiting to happen. The climber we use could cut more timber than 3 inexperienced guys.

As for cleaning off dirt with a pressure washer wtf grab a handful of saw dust and rub soil off.

I don't no any 16 year olds I would leave with a saw or any firewood machinery start putting tractors and forklifts in the mix and it's a disaster waiting to happen. The climber we use could cut more timber than 3 inexperienced guys.

Read my post carefully. I didn't say that. What I suggested is that you don't pay your climber to carry things around. That's where the 16-year-olds come in.

As for cleaning off dirt with a pressure washer wtf grab a handful of saw dust and rub soil off.

Sounds efficient.:blink:

Grateful for your input.:001_smile:

I think the problem with arb waste is you look at a big pile of wood and think £150 a tipper load. Two of you spend all morning grunting it about and decide you either need 30k in toys to do it efficiently or buy in cord for your knackered processor.

I did contemplate pressure washing a load of pop for kindling that had been dragged through a muddy river. But decided not to bother or store it a year and wait for the bark to fall off.

When we did Arb waste all the big stuff was cut into 10 inch rings and cut in half the small stuff was left in long lengths rings stacked on pallets lift off with tractor to a splitter with waste hight table pallet lifted to hight of table. Lengths were stacked on bearers and put through a saw bench next to splitter.

There is no real easy way of doing Arb waste now we just put it through processor and big rings are cut and put straight in the splitting chamber.

I think the problem with arb waste is you look at a big pile of wood and think £150 a tipper load. Two of you spend all morning grunting it about and decide you either need 30k in toys to do it efficiently or buy in cord for your knackered processor.

I did contemplate pressure washing a load of pop for kindling that had been dragged through a muddy river. But decided not to bother or store it a year and wait for the bark to fall off.

Agreed or let the weather do it just seems crazy to blast wood with high pressure water pushing dirt further in to the wood