Oak Butt

Treemanuk

Agreed, there was no response to the question in #10. It happens... Maybe one of the TOs on the forum will see it and take an interest, stranger things have happened.

There was no response to question no. 1 either....I just wanted to know if the timber was worth more to someone to mill rather than to me as firewood.

The trees coming down whether I fell it or someone else. As to the comment about a TO, why not really say what you mean.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no response to question no. 1 either....I just wanted to know if the timber was worth more to someone to mill rather than to me as firewood.

The trees coming down whether I fell it or someone else. As to the comment about a TO, why not really say what you mean.

I did in #10. "Is this a fell before planning app goes in" (you could read into that, to avoid a TO's scrutiny of the site and existing trees) but that would be an assumption which I tried to avoid by saying, "notwithstanding lack of background info." Plenty of folk here make a living from felling trees (and processing quality timber) so no criticism intended, it just seems (notwithstanding lack of background info) a tree that might otherwise have been worthy of retention. Just humour me, is it a fell before planning app or is there more to it?

:001_rolleyes:Post No4.

Redevelopment of the site

Rolling your eyes back in case you need them....

Yes, the statement "redevelopment of the site" has already been made, that is in no way missed or misunderstood. It doesn't however answer the obvious 2nd / 3rd level question that anything other than a Sun reader might ask.

In fact, it's become so overtly obvious that the question "is this a fell prior to a planning app" is being avoided, that it seems to lend considerable weight to the assumption that that may be the case.

If that is the case, it may not be illegal (depending upon broader relevant factors (which we don't know)) but it "could" be considered disingenuous by a planning officer and (only my personal view) seems rather a shame. Maybe the land owner / arb operative lack the social, ecological, professional and moral capacity (or will) to explore options that might facilitate retention.

It's all getting pointless, if OP is unable, unwilling, uncomfortable answering the question, so be it. Just cut the tree down and get on with your life.