Chainsaw Trouser repair service

arbmark

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a tip for anyone who repairs the own trousers is " braided fishing line" its super tough and the stitches never break.

carl

Yep thats good . Also double thickness of the stuff they used to give you in the repair kit for the old type ( waxed Egyptian cotton ) Barbour Jackets .

Evening all,

J has asked me to let anyone interested that she will be on here next week to start the ball rolling. There was a lot of interest generated by the thread - it was meant to just gain a bit of an idea regarding viability but i guess it gave a lot of people with holey trousers a bit of premature hope of relief so apologies for the delay but the service is coming apparently.....hopefully next week

cheers

M

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in bringing you this, but busy busy busy!

So, I am open for business doing trouser repairs. Costs will vary depending on how damaged the trousers are.

If you are interested, please send me a private message with a photograph of the rips, and I will send you a quote.

For anyone concerned about repair nulling insurance, Stihl state in the booklet that comes with the trousers:

"Only the outer material may be patched. Do not stitch through the cut-retardant inlay.... The protective effect will be diminished or eliminated if the cut-retardant inlay is modified in any way!"

This is the guidelines I follow when mending trousers. I would think if they were not supposed to be patched, they wouldn't provide patches!!

If anyone can tell me how to insert pictures in here, I will post some photos of a few I have done.

Cheers

Julia