Clearly a case of "well it aint my tool" syndrome...

wisecobandit

Lent my rg13 to a friend of a friend who apparently was very good with machines and just needed a small grinder too get into 1 small stump. When he dropped it off all was fine according to him and did an excellent job, as it was late and I was in the middle of childrens bedtime I just stuck it in the garage. Next day found teeth worn completely away(never manages this before) and a cracked bairing casing, dismantle it to find other bairing totally fubar and a big grove worn in the shaft, pully bent, 2shredded belts and a big chew mark in the top guard where the teeth had been hitting it. £300 quid later and I have a working grinder again but strangely the lad never answers any of my calls to cough up for it. Not happy!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lent my rg13 to a friend of a friend who apparently was very good with machines and just needed a small grinder too get into 1 small stump. When he dropped it off all was fine according to him and did an excellent job, as it was late and I was in the middle of childrens bedtime I just stuck it in the garage. Next day found teeth worn completely away(never manages this before) and a cracked bairing casing, dismantle it to find other bairing totally fubar and a big grove worn in the shaft, pully bent, 2shredded belts and a big chew mark in the top guard where the teeth had been hitting it. £300 quid later and I have a working grinder again but strangely the lad never answers any of my calls to cough up for it. Not happy!!

I'd be inclined to pop round in person to jog his memory. It's a bit more difficult to ignore somebody on your doorstep. I wouldn't be worried about upsetting a friend as he has shown that he isn't one. :sneaky2:

I haven't lost any big tools yet but my brother in law broke my rubber mallet, small and large claw hammers, left my pristine (and first after borrowing my dads for years) crowbar out in the rain. He borrowed the post driver and left it in the field when he said he'd returned it to the house so I bought another one and then he found it so I now have two. All that and I only agreed to lend him the rubber mallet no wonder he stopped asking ffs.

Unfortunately, this is something that happens to anyone who has any decent tools!! I am very reluctant to lend out any of my saws; I'd rather give up a saturday to do a job for someone than have a valuable piece of equipment ruined by some inexperienced or clueless person.

If I do have to lend one out it's only to people I trust and have used chainsaws in the past and it's on a strict "you bend it, you mend it" policy!!

Just realised I can top most of these

When I was assessor asked to look ar brand new ( as in couple of weeks old ) subaru pick up truck

Local estate had bought it for the gamekeeper

There had been no tractor available so he had planted whole field of game cover with pickup

Harrowed the whole lot

Pushed floor up by about six inches over whole of vehicle ......

Unrepairable but NOT AN ACCIDENT. So not covered by insurance.......

Amazingly one of the toffs loved him so didn't lose his job.......

You've completely lost me with this particular ramble? :confused1::confused1:

You've completely lost me with this particular ramble? :confused1::confused1:

He used brand new pickup as a tractor

Pushed floor panel up six inches ( ie he bent the all the floor panels up )

Chassis legs would have gone too, so would need new bodyshell to repair

Vehicle write off and uninsured ........

Excellent soundtrack! Find us some more.

We've all had a friday afternoon like this before...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDY6bWT5oTM]Corb Lund - Truck Got Stuck - YouTube[/ame]

or more appropriate for the bloke using a pick up as a tractor...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94JprHdeTuk]Truckstop Honeymoon - Know it All - YouTube[/ame]

Crap audio unfortunately, couldn't find the album version on youtube. Great band! They're on Spotify. Check out their track 'Magnolia Tree' too..