big or giant ??

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was several years ago now. I think FB's were present at the base of the tree but there was certainly no evidence of decay. If you look at the 1st shot you can see how sparse the crown is compared to the other Welly, a few of its branches you can see peeking into the shot.

I could find out who inspected it and pm you if you are interested.

It was a church yard in Ashburton and I haven't been past lately so how the others are doing I don't know.

I have removed another Wellingtonia last year which was much smaller. It was stone dead and I suspected HF at the time. Interestingly a Cedar about 20m away on the same site has suddendly died this year and has dark sappy stem exudations which I suspect is HF again.

pics pics pickety pics!

will be posting them as soon as the whole job is done , its been quite hard to get lots of pics as we are on a tight deadline , the tree has to be cleared by friday as the youth hostel has a school camping there from sat , oh and im at the arb show

Pic's???

Bump. :001_smile:

great job mate , sadly we dont get many like that down here in cornwall

:confused1: I'm confused???:confused1:

You said your was "9+ feet at the base and 120 feet tall" which is VERY like gibbon's ???:confused1:

I'm still waiting for the pic's :001_smile:

Devon. I must admit Montery Pines are my nemesis. I have taken down some beasts and they can get the better of me. We took out 3 100ft plus at Killerton in a week a few xmas's ago. 1st was just section fell in 3 or 4 bits. 2nd rigged and 3rd with a crane. Was a full on week

Edited by gibbon