big or giant ??

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently this was the monterey pine with the biggest crown spread i think , fooking big i really aint looking forward to getting the 880 up in the tree lol

why not?? weight?? why not just rig the saw of a pulley or summat so its not attached to you directly???:001_cool:

who said it has the biggest crown spread?? biggest for a monterey?? or any tree?? where is this infomation logged??

Im interested now. In america they have the largest trees logged and measured for volume etc. The different states argue over whos got the biggest one.:001_tongue:

why not suggest soil decompaction and erecting a huge fence around the tree and then putting a wrecking ball through the Youth hostel instead. If it is a record holding tree then it needs preserving. Green landmarks are the future, or is that the past???

Just a thought.

happy fathers day shrek , i have considdered felling massive sections whils hanging from the crane just for the hell of it but felling is still a bit temptation lol

mental rehearsal mate, that is the best thing to do, once you get the first cut in you will just treat it like any other job, just maybe bigger. break the minotony of cony hedges and sycamores. as i said it is a great oppertunity to get a job like that. enjoy it mate:001_cool:

im really going to enjoy it , its really is a shame it has to come down but it is now structurally un safe , when the tree officer did a QTRA on it he found the risk was less than one in two thousand , but we are going to colect some pine cones and micro prop them and re- plant with a saplin from the origional tree. think a may get the lock jack and friction saver out for this one lol

oh and evenfound someone with a 16 wheeler to buy the timer off me = great