Timberwolf launches the All-New TW 230DHB

Steve Bullman

If you know me on here you will know that I run all bandit chippers. Had a call from winchester garden machinery last week to say they had took delivery of the new tw 230. So went up had a look what a difference from the old 150, the main thing blade changing and being able to grease bearings. Went back next day with some knotty hard timber and conifer. Well what can I say, it took everything very very impressive. Said yes there and then, was meant to pick it up Monday morning but the name plate didn't turn up till Wednesday. Went out for its first hire yes it's going to be a hire machine. The text I got that afternoon was what an excellent machine love it.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking forward to seeing this machine at the apf very interested, we have 2 year old tw125's but this looks a perfect step up we need with no trailer tests needed! saw the bew turnable one at the east anglian game fair which was impressive but this looks much better. would love a tour of the factory. :thumbup1:

Yes - it can get very confusing, even for me! I was working from memory last night and got the figure for the aperture between the rollers wrong on the TW 150DHB. I said 150x160 when it is actually 160 wide and 170 high!

With regard to the TW 240 rotor weight - the leaflet says 56kg and I said 53kg. The actual weight is 54kg (see picture) this is because a different pulley has been selected from the original as we needed to make a weight saving to keep the machine genuinely below 750kg.

Ref. the TW 240 infeed measurement. This machine is a direct competitor to the Greenmech Quad chip. Although mechanically we have both gone about things differently the external shape is pretty similar (because we are both dealing with the same problems and parameters). Greenmech got their machine out before us and promoted the machine with an 'in-feed throat' of 160mm by 230mm. Because they quoted feed throat we did the same and quoted 241mm by 166mm so there was a direct comparison to be made when looking at brochures etc.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, their are always compromises going on within any design and another compromise you come across if you design vertical rollers like the Greenmech and TW 240 is that the rollers cannot open as wide as the feed aperture. The gap between the rollers for the vertical roller machines is as follows:

TW 240 = 204 wide by 166 high

GM Quad= 202 wide by 160 high

GM Arbor= 202 wide by 150 high

Before you make your final buying decision, I would recommend you have a demo of the TW 230. Happy for you to come over to the factory if you can spare the time and we can give you a better insight into what goes into chipper design.

Regards

Richard

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'd love a demo of a 230 but I'm not allowed one yet haha.

I also asked about visiting the factory (PMd on here) but not heard anything back.

C