Timberwolf launches the All-New TW 230DHB

Steve Bullman

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a beef with timberwolf , I generally frustrating that often marketing information can be both miss read or misleading , I do hope the the 230 is sub 750 kg with fuel . Yes chip volumes are usually quoted on cube , which again leads to the pedantic question of how much this chipper can chip , as far as I am aware every other manufacture can put a figure on what the maximum throuput an hour is , for instance a Jensen a240 has an approximate 23m3 per hour . A schliesing 200mx has an output of approximately 8m3 per hour ( not bad for a 5.5 inch machine) so really all i am asking is what is its approx output per hour is and not that it chips over 5 tons per hour as it reads to me that they are not actually sure

I don't have a beef with timberwolf , I generally frustrating that often marketing information can be both miss read or misleading , I do hope the the 230 is sub 750 kg with fuel . Yes chip volumes are usually quoted on cube , which again leads to the pedantic question of how much this chipper can chip , as far as I am aware every other manufacture can put a figure on what the maximum throuput an hour is , for instance a Jensen a240 has an approximate 23m3 per hour . A schliesing 200mx has an output of approximately 8m3 per hour ( not bad for a 5.5 inch machine) so really all i am asking is what is its approx output per hour is and not that it chips over 5 tons per hour as it reads to me that they are not actually sure

Read Richards reply. :thumbup1:

Timberwolf said its not going to be at saltex tomorrow, yet lister wilder will have one on their stand, so not actually making its debut at apf!

Correct - I did state at the time that the 230 would not be at SALTEX, however Lister Wilder have begged us to make one available for this show because of the high level of interest they are receiving from their customers, many of which can't make it to the APF.

The APF is the show the machine will be officially launched at but its debut show in the UK will be SALTEX.

Regards

Richard

Thank you for pointing out the flaws in the information we have provided.

I will get them rectified on the web page tomorrow but to clear up your queries:

To be legally sold in the UK/EEC any towed equipment (including chippers) MUST comply with a new piece of mandatory legislation called Whole Vehicle Type Approval. There are many things that the machine must meet before it is issued with a type approval number; one of these is weight and the law is very clear on this: the chipper must be weighed 'wet' i.e. it must have all necessary fluids (water, oil, hydraulic oil) and the fuel tank must be at least 80% full of fuel. The weight is registered with the authorities and this is the maximum the chipper is allowed to weigh - it can weigh under what you report but NEVER over, this would be against the law.

We weigh all our chippers with a FULL TANK OF FUEL just to be on the safe side. The chipper is registered at 749kg but actually weighs 747kg with a full fuel tank.

Regarding throughput; whatever we state someone is going pull us up on it!

At the end of the day it all depends on the material type being chipped that is going to dictate throughput. When you consider chip density can vary between 152kg/m3 and 543kg/m3 throughput per hour can vary tremendously! If you are fit enough to keep up with this machine and the material is dense enough then the 230 will comfortably do over 5 tonnes per hour hence our wording.

Regards

Richard

Thank :thumbup: I actually pointed it out as an issue that may take sone of the gloss of of a Brahe new competitor to the market , I actually quite want to send the machine working :001_smile:: good luck and will hope to see you at the APF

Anybody who's been in this game for a while knows that throughput figures are if not irrelevant then not that crucial. If your job is chipping coppiced sweet chestnut all day your not going to use this machine.

It's more about how it copes with difficult stuff, retopped conny, thorns, firs with big cones etc.

Anybody who's been in this game for a while knows that throughput figures are if not irrelevant then not that crucial. If your job is chipping coppiced sweet chestnut all day your not going to use this machine.

It's more about how it copes with difficult stuff, retopped conny, thorns, firs with big cones etc.

:congrats: