favourite 6" road tow chipper out of greenmech, timberwolf and jensen

Joe

which is your favourite road tow 6" chipper out of greenmech, timberwolf and jensen?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. which is your favourite road tow 6" chipper out of greenmech, timberwolf and jensen?

• greenmech
    • timberwolf
    • jensen

out of the machines in the poll above i would go for green mech, purely as i like the blade system, but as i have had a tw and spent alot on bearing issues i still bear a grudge but they are a great little machine. never owned a jensen but had a tracked machine on hire for a contract for night work and i didnt stop moaning about it for weeks, the plastic strips and highway hawthorne was not a match made in heaven- mind you once it processing straight timber it was a joy. i'm just a fan of american kit as when it goes wrong you can fix it yourself as parts a nice a big and easy to access, (just like tw150 blades!!!!!!!NOT!!!!!!!)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a little 6 inch 24hp TW and love it so tiny yet will fill my transit in 30mins easy. I can get 4 full loads a day done at my max capacity.

official figure is 2.5 tonne per hour quite simple really. based on 4 inch wood so reality of varying size wood 3 tonne per hour more likely.

Is that the petrol 125 mate?

Seems a nice little machine.

Is it just me thinking this or has John arbor tech hi jacked poor jo's thread.

I dislike greenmech having used 3 of them i think they are just not my cup of tea

Not keen on the jensens the infeed is so low on the small 6inch machine it gives anyone a bad back and the 9 inch machine just seems so big for what it actualy chips.

Iv had a few tw150 new and old they are good for what they are the blade changing lets them down, but good for the price. Im running a tw190 i like it simple blade change takes 15min max.

As I can't vote for my trusty Bearcat I thought a piccie of how us one man band "gardeners" struggle along...

yeah, that looks like youre having a hard time there, what with the levers on the loader to push, the bags to prop open, doesnt look like you know what youre doing atall...

:001_tongue:

wish i had a loader :sad:

Any chipper is better then stacking brash, as has been said before, but a chipper that is smaller then what your used too sucks.. We've a TW 190 and a Quickchip 222, both comparable machines, but I couldn't handle using a 6' machine now. If I was used to a bigger machine I'm sure I'd end up not liking the 7' machines.

Sorry off thread...

But greenmechs don't match the saws.. It has to be orange...

this is for a college project that i am doing of which is the best chipper out of the 3 listed. please vote and then give a short explanation as to why. please try and not talk about any other makes to keep my life simple :001_smile:

cheers in advance :001_smile:

so joe are you any the wiser or totaly confused :001_tongue:

:thumbup:

so joe are you any the wiser or totaly confused :001_tongue:

im a bit wiser a bit confused, but all that matters is my personal favourite is jensen and i've got the poll results for my assignment that i needed :001_smile:

and a big thanks to everyone for alll your input it is a great help to me :thumbup: