Echo CS360 TES top handled saw

wicklamulla

• 4 weeks later...

thinking of getting one of these 360tes for ocasional private jobs for friends nieghbours etc nothing too mega. will it suit and will it start if left unused for a few weeks at a time?

also thinking about a stihl 193t?

what do you recon ?

thanks carl

I have one and it's been fine so far but it hasn't had much use. I'd say they definitely need some hours on them to get them run in properly as mine seems to be better every time I use it. I'm running a 12" bar had it buried in an ash and it coped just fine. Starts easy but needs to be properly warmed up, let it tick over for a bit rather than revving the crap out of it. Once warmed up it restarts no problem even if it's been sitting switched off while I get myself into the tree. I start it and warm up myself rather than have someone warm it up for me before it's sent up.

There are others here with vastly more experience of the 360TES than I have and the overwhelming majority seem happy enough.

thinking of getting one of these 360tes for ocasional private jobs for friends nieghbours etc nothing too mega. will it suit and will it start if left unused for a few weeks at a time?

also thinking about a stihl 193t?

what do you recon ?

thanks carl

Carlos, R mac has hit de nail on de head. My 360 has done alot of work and i really like it. I would say go fer 1 with a 12'' bar though as the 14'' makes it feel a bit unwieldy.

Motosega da Potatura ECHO CS 360 TES Professionale 35,8 cc - 2 Hp | eBay

For anyone interested, I changed the cutting gear on mine today with the 3/8 .43 bar and chain combo Rob D had on offer over the weekend and what a difference. At a guess I'd say it's a good couple of seconds faster cutting in bar length timber

Coletti did ya hafta change the drive sprocket too?

No as it's already got the 3/8 sprocket on, it's just a narrower kerf chain. I'll see if I can get a cut comparison video some time soon. It's a very apparent and impressive improvement in cut speed.

I think I'm the newest member to the Echo club! Picked up a 360TES this afternoon, as both my MS201t are in the shop being fixed (one my fault with a cracked fuel tank, one not but it seems to be leaking more petrol than the one with the dogy tank!).

I've always liked the MS201T, but as I have two which will be working again shortly I thought I'd try something different. Got it with a 12" bar, hopefully it'll live up to expectations. If not, it will live in the basement as a backup saw...