Echo CS360 TES top handled saw

wicklamulla

thanks piston skirt, you were dead right it was that boot washer, was a bit worried about messing with a new saw but i guess thats the downside of buying a saw off the net as appose to a local dealer, hopefully it will be fine.

thanks carl

You're welcome. Anyway, have the carburetor re-adjusted as it might have been adjusted with previous airleaks present. If it is sealed now - the mixture ratio might be incorrect.

For simple inspection you might check the spark plug - it should be grey/tan. If it's white'ish - it was running lean.

• 3 weeks later...

I previously fitted a new 91vxl chain to the 360 and it was dangerous to use in my opinion.

It really snagged in the cut and bucked around alot. Another Arbtalker was watching me use it up the tree and he was surprised at the struggle i was having.

I took it off and bought a different type of chain that the dealer said was more suited to a hobby/home owner saw and it was much easier to use.

Best mod i reckon would be to fit .43 or .50 gauge chain and a carving bar to suit.

Just an update. I'm using a stihl full chisel on my 360 now 👌. Muuuuuuch nicer

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Has anyone had there's ported and muffler modded yet? If so...how much differance has it made

George, I have modded an exhaust but ain't got around to fitting it yet though:001_rolleyes:

I reckon a muff modded 360 would easily equal an MS200T, a ported 360 wood destroy the stihl.

• 4 months later...
That sounds good coming from someone with a reputation like that, I'm still interested to see what gains can be had

Got anywhere with that?had mine a while and did two cherry dismantles back to back with the old 200, having only used the 360 for months. Found the 200 a bit stronger and would also keen to see what can be done to the 360.

Sent from my C6603 using Arbtalk mobile app