Echo CS360 TES top handled saw

wicklamulla

tried 4 or 5 local garages jet esso bp etc no change in the way saw runs even with super unleaded . saw seems as if too lean when reving up gasps really bad and screams its bollocks off but wont tickover as it loads up as if too rich . when first started takes ages before it can pull chain around .got me beat . like I said echo saying stihl oil maybe buggered saw . I don't go with that reason

Mine over runs a tad but doesn't bother me or affect anything and they do take a minute or two to warm up. I usually fire it up and leave on tick over while I sort the rest of my kit out, doesn't do any engine any good to rev it up when it's cold. I'm using husky xp oil by the way

If it was just one saw I could buy into it having a fault, but two,with the same symptoms suggests there is human error involved somewhere, I would take the saws to a different saw tech and get them looked at, and tuned correctly, they are not rocket science, just a carb fed two stroke.

(I know none of you would use a topper on the ground ever ever) :-/ but just a little tip (obviously a friend of a friend of a friend told me)... If you leave the tes on the ground ticking over, the exhaust will start to melt the casing

funny ya shud mention that as thas whats happened to mine recently. Echo supplied a new side casing umder warranty though.

I run mine on Stihl HP (red oil) and when i bought it there was no mention of semi synth oil when i enquired with the supplying dealer. Mine used to 'run on' only slightly but does not seem to do it now. saw is 18 months old now and i'm HOPING TO START RUNNING ALL MY KIT ON REDLINE 2T OIL (hint hint TCD:thumbup: ) Tink my oiler is starting to play up now too.

Overall i'm very pleased with this saw and wood buy anudder wan if the need arose.

i have dropped it off at another saw dealer so lets see what thet say . i could live with a slight run on but it wont tick over and even when it does it wont pickup it cuts out when you open the throttle . when dropped at the dealer they said poss air leak which is what the first saw was thought to have at the other dealer .

If it was just one saw I could buy into it having a fault, but two,with the same symptoms suggests there is human error involved somewhere, I would take the saws to a different saw tech and get them looked at, and tuned correctly, they are not rocket science, just a carb fed two stroke.

the dealer could not tune the saw to run corectly so it was replaced

funny ya shud mention that as thas whats happened to mine recently. Echo supplied a new side casing umder warranty though.

I run mine on Stihl HP (red oil) and when i bought it there was no mention of semi synth oil when i enquired with the supplying dealer. Mine used to 'run on' only slightly but does not seem to do it now. saw is 18 months old now and i'm HOPING TO START RUNNING ALL MY KIT ON REDLINE 2T OIL (hint hint TCD:thumbup: ) Tink my oiler is starting to play up now too.

Overall i'm very pleased with this saw and wood buy anudder wan if the need arose.

My colleague won't use my saws because he doesn't like the smell of redline. I love it. Reminds me of stock car races. Opie Oils sell it too (in weird sized bottles).

Anyone successfully done a 'de-cat' on an Echo 360 TES / WES ? Reason i ask is i have a spare exhaust with the loose baffle/cat and it's rattling around on me work bench.

I managed to break out the core of the cat with a hammer and screw driver (as it's ceramic type material) but i have yet to successfully remove the remaining steel ring surround from inside the exhaust.

When i do i may try it out and see what the performance is like.