Should be getting paid holiday pay???

desired_affect

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks Rupe for replying, I am on his books, but he does only pay me for the hours i work, no hours no money.

He refuses to pay me for any sort of maintenance work as that is all work he says he can do with out having to pay some one else to do.

what would in your opinion be my best cause of action???

Sounds like your'e working for a toss pot mate.......:thumbdown:

Thats it, you've summed up the problem. Your not free to do other things. Thats what is unfair about your situation. You need to know that you have x amount of days free so you can get other work or make plans etc.

He is not going to be happy when he realises you've seen the light.

Did you answer my question about if he is bigger than you or not?

BTW if your tree surgery boss calls to ask you to help with decking at his house, tell him to go %&*$ himself, are you a tree surgeon or a slave?

You are entitled to 24 days holiday, minimum wage and if you haven't been given a contract 1 months wages at a tribunal, the law is heavily weighted on your side and at the end of the day your employer sounds like a right nob!! taking you for a ride, if i was you id tell him to stick the job at the end of the day you can ear three times that amount flipping burgers at mac d's, with holiday!! tree works good mate but at the end of the day its just a means of putting food on the table and you cant live on bread and water for long.

Good Luck!!

A fight first would be good, character building and all that!

I would never ever hit a old man normally, but i guess I could make a exception *I was tempted today with the nail gun but it might be going a little far*

we will just see how the citizens advice goes first.

A fight first would be good, character building and all that!

So true!

I was working for a bloke that was treating a employee like that. I pesuaded him to move on after 14teen years of household slave treatment... I said he could use me as referal if he wanted, he never did. I just happened so that several people knew he was a skilled and loyal employer who wouldnt moan about things. Happy end;New employer who appreciated him, he got another 100 quid a month and paid for all the "extra" time that he was supposed to get back as favours and the like....(benefits...) Met him about a year later, much happier, regular hours , no weekendemergency work etc...

So my advise is; Se yourself as a skilled employee that someone should earn the benefit of using...!:closedeyes: Not a dog following your owner hoping him to drop a sausage or somthing...:scared1:

end of the day you can ear three times that amount flipping burgers at mac d's, with holiday!! tree works good mate but at the end of the day its just a means of putting food on the table and you cant live on bread and water for long.

Good Luck!!

I talk to him about my debt which is small but the bank still expect a minimum payment to be made and the way he is with work makes me struggle constantly, he talks about his son who is going to uni who will end up with a bigger debt than me(i wont argue this because its true) but wont have to pay it back till he is earning so much unlike me who has to make a payment work or none or get a fine.

I would never ever hit a old man normally, but i guess I could make a exception *I was tempted today with the nail gun but it might be going a little far*

we will just see how the citizens advice goes first.

Now your 23 right? So what are you calling old? If he really is old then maybe he's too set in his ways to understant employement law. But I'm 39 so careful with the term old unless he's like over 45 or something. Old %$&*.

Now your 23 right? So what are you calling old? If he really is old then maybe he's too set in his ways to understant employement law. But I'm 39 so careful with the term old unless he's like over 45 or something. Old %$&*.

hes 56, he used to climb till i got my tickets, now he drinks coffee wile im up the tree.