arbtalkers arbtrucks

treewizard

wouldnt be right happy if my son said dad look what iv built on your new 4x4 :wtf:

We both built it. I am concerned about weight on the axle but dont think I'll ever get enough in to overload it.

The truck is my dads that's correct. It's a 55 plate and has always been a work truck. I can always make it shorter if I need to, Theres a chance I probably will have to but that's not a huge issue.

Thanks skyhuck, I knew what I said didnt sound right!

Jesus Rob that’s waaaay to high.

I just made a box for Ed’s Landover and I thought that was too big, it’s a tiddler by comparison.

That box is far too high and too far beyond the rear axle of a crew cab, which is by design, piss poor for load distribution in the first place.

Half full will see your rear axle weight over at a pound per kilo and your headlights will be looking for Owls if they aren’t blinding oncoming drivers. It’s not even like it won’t look overloaded, the first traffic car on the East Lancs will pull you over after he has finished wetting himself laughing.

If you do manage to get it to any sort of speed without the box disintegrating like a 1980’s Datsun it will act like a spoiler doing god knows what to your handling.

Having room to be able to shovel stuff out is part of the height. I do appreciate the comments as they will be thought of in the next one. It is actually bolted into the truck so it won't go on holiday when a breeze gets up. I suppose I'll have to see how it is and then I could modify it, but digging chip out of a box that's as high as my waist will be difficult!

There are updated springs in te back. We have a grit spreader on there in winter that weighs most of a ton when it's full and it doesnt make them unhappy

When I had my navara years ago I ran with a truck man high top on and filled that. It was less than a foot above the cab roof height and when full the back end was on the bump stops. However with the truck man top you cold shut the back window and no one could see what was in it.

that is rather large! I just chucked alid otneh sides for my dodge but only went level with the roof,i might go to a foot or so over roof height if i think i need more room, but that is HOOOOGE! Be nice and easy to shoevl out though until you get a loadhandler.