Women vs Men ( or not)??

steph

Hi There, im new to the site!!!

I know this maybe seen as abit of a touchy subject to some. Following a recent conversation with a fellow work collegue, where the topic was females working in the Tree Industry, i was left thinking by some of his comments that perhaps he may see them as abit of a threat.......(i promise i wasnt being over sensitive)haha! Just left me thinking and thought this would be the perfect place to get a wide range of thoughts over the issue.....all thoughts and comments welcome with an openmind....:001_smile:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the site Steph:001_smile:

Hmmm tricky and sensitive ground here. More and more ladies are coming into the job, which can only be a good thing, they have strengths and weaknesses, just the same as many men. I wouldnt expect MOST ladies to be as physically strong as most men, but I think they are generally equally capable in many areas. I've heard the old arguments about toilet requirements, and seen those arguments shot down PDQ, so I dont think that needs dwelling upon again. I dont see it so much as women vs. men, more those who can vs. those who cant (in either sex)

I've worked with a woman......she was only petite....great for reductions on fruit trees and the like.....she had plenty of bottle and i've grounded for her while she's dismantled v.large trees wielding a 6 6 about. She put a few of our young climbers to shame at times....even when it came to carting logs around.

She WAS always on the bloody phone though!

i dont like cocky men and i dont like cocky women. i have only worked with one woman, she was over confident and useless, she claimed to know everything but didnt want to do anything. she spat a lot and swore and didnt mind taking a pee behind a bush for everyone to see. she was out to prove a point, what it was i dont know, maybe she had 5 brothers i dont know. but i have worked with dozens of guys and my description would be the same of them. its down to the individual imo. i have met jen(klaymeb) and hanah from here. they were down to earth and a good laugh, and i respect them for having the guts to enter a mans world so to speak. i can never find decent male workers so bring it on.

Welcome to the site.

Like Andy collins said...male or female is not the issue..if your pysichically fit,strong and have "balls' and a good working technique and arb knowledge and dont shy away from hard work do it...man or woman.

Hi Andy,

I have the same view as you on the matter. Ive been working in the Tree business now for 4 years, i know my strenghs and weaknesses, and have a fantastic team as we compliment each other well. I have had very few negative comments and find the men i have come across so supportive and this topics has never come to light before. I am just interested in other peoples views i suppose..........i cant relate to the toilet matter so much, never had trouble myself.