a question on morality

sean

have you turned down a felling job because you felt it would be morally wrong?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. have you turned down a felling job because you felt it would be morally wrong?

• yes
    • no

Customer confidentiality not a concern then?

What confidentiality ?

I'd call it customer selfishness and ignorance :001_smile:

I would lie to them to stall anyone else doing the work then I would jack on them to the TO.

Dont get me wrong, I'm no tree hugger and have felled thousands of trees but if push came to shove on a worthy veteran, I'd do anything I could to prevent it and I wouldn't hide the fact.

Last year I prevented a very old yew from being felled, the "owner" didn't even know what a yew was. I do believe that in some circumstances we have a duty to protect some trees against blatent ignorance

We are all liars, those that think they dont need to watch Jim Carreys "Liar liar" :001_smile:

I did a job a few months ago, applied for permission etc etc, did the job and when I passed today I noticed that the customer has taken it upon themselves to take off a lot more branches, complete with tears, so the TO is getting a phone call tomorrow to make him aware that it is not my work..

Hows that for customer confidentiality :001_smile:

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we do think its wrong to 'morally wrong' fell a certain type of tree them maybe we shouldnt fell any. I bet a scabby old pop would be just as pissed off as a veteran oak in being felled. :001_smile:

Bit of difference between an 800 year old oak and a 40 year old Pop, let's be sensible

Yeah the oak has had a good innings and its time has come :001_tongue:

Come on how pissed would you be while setting up to fell a a birch/syc/lime etc etc only to have a TO 'slapped' a TPO on it? No difference to you stopping someone else from felling what you think is a perfect specimen of a tree imo.

Some people are motivated by money Butch, not pride in their "proffesionalism"

I'm motivated by money, luckily its my pride and profesionalism that keeps money come my way.

Maybe i've just been lucky.

If we do think its wrong to 'morally wrong' fell a certain type of tree them maybe we shouldnt fell any. I bet a scabby old pop would be just as pissed off as a veteran oak in being felled. :001_smile:

Yes but they(scabby old pop & oak) have no opinion nor concience ,we have.