a question on morality

sean

have you turned down a felling job because you felt it would be morally wrong?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. have you turned down a felling job because you felt it would be morally wrong?

• yes
    • no

Yeah the oak has had a good innings and its time has come :001_tongue:

Come on how pissed would you be while setting up to fell a a birch/syc/lime etc etc only to have a TO 'slapped' a TPO on it? No difference to you stopping someone else from felling what you think is a perfect specimen of a tree imo.

When it's gone it's gone.. you fell a veteran tree you get a one off payment. If that tree is left and maintained, there would possibly be another 300 years of work left in it, just felling anything and everything is going to do everyone out of business.

I understand what your saying though, where do we draw the line, what is classed as worthy and what isn't.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do treework to make money and pay the billz. I'll always try to do the "right thing" but when push comes to shove...

People do all sorts to make money, doesn't mean to say what they do is right..

Some people will question the morals of a solicitor or barrister, making huge hourly rates on the vunerable and weak, some will say they are worth the money

Some people con the elderly by putting in inflated prices to make money and feed their kids, would you do the same if your kids were starving?

I personally came into tree work because I also "care" about trees and understood that becoming a tree surgeon involves caring for trees. I have enough work in to be able to turn down the odd job without affecting my income. If I didn't have enough work and had to resort to felling veterans needlessly, I'd find another job, because there's obviously not enough work around to sustain me or I'm not selling my services correctly.

That's my personal feel on it, others may have a different veiw, but at least satisfy my own business goals.

The work you/we do or don't do is a reflection of your profestionalism and skills, you may get a few yobs but if your reputaion is tarnished then you may lose more work. I let the pikeys and the dimwits make all the mistakes and offer my support when the customer realises they have made a huge mistake........

People do all sorts to make money, doesn't mean to say what they do is right..

Some people will question the morals of a solicitor or barrister, making huge hourly rates on the vunerable and weak, some will say they are worth the money

Some people con the elderly by putting in inflated prices to make money and feed their kids, would you do the same if your kids were starving?

I personally came into tree work because I also "care" about trees and understood that becoming a tree surgeon involves caring for trees. I have enough work in to be able to turn down the odd job without affecting my income. If I didn't have enough work and had to resort to felling veterans needlessly, I'd find another job, because there's obviously not enough work around to sustain me or I'm not selling my services correctly.

That's my personal feel on it, others may have a different veiw, but at least satisfy my own business goals.

:thumbup1: