VOSA landy and tacho

firewoodman

One thing that truly amazes me is that you can walk into a vehicle show room, listen to the patter from the sales chap, order your Landrover, Crewcab 4x4, Transit, Grafter - whatever- and no one mentions tacho. Why aren't they fitted as standard in Transits (Generic term). Most crewcabs and Landrovers are sold for business use, but not equipped for business use. What's all that about then?

If the salesman never mentioned that you have to spend another £1200 on spy in the cab - can you return said truck saying that it was "unfit for purpose"?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to get a load of t shirts made up with VOSSA on them, using the waffen 'ss' sign where i have put the double s.....or using their lettering i thought of 'tossa'. I honestly believe that the more we pander to their demands, the more stupid rules they will make up. Why are we all on here giving in to this crap. The only reason they can get away with so much legislation is because we as a nation are too f-ing spineless to stand up to it, which gives them the green light to carry on in this vein.

I dont think this legislation serves any purpose at all. It makes it more difficult for a small business to tow a trailer which keeps the haulage companies happy. If the authorities want to make the roads safer I would say make 7.5 tonne ownership easier for small businesses. A 3 tonne load on a small lorry is much safer than 3 tonne behind a 1950 throw back 4x4 marina ( sorry defender ). The tacho system on a 4x4 is so easy to get round if you were determined to break the law, it serves no purpose just more euro rules gone mad. Its easy to preach when someone else picks up the bill. Its a shame we feel the need to penalise small business in this country, all most people are trying to do is earn a living feed the kids and pay the bills. The people we should crack down on are the dole fiddlers and criminals but then they are not such and easy target are they.

:thumbup1:

Well said.

I don't know why it isn't easier for us to use up to7.5 tonners.

If it was easier there would be as huge market for them.

Let's face it a transit can hold bugger all in weight compared to the volume it can carry. A 6.5 ton ive iveco is hardly any bigger than a3.5 toner but well more suited to the job of moving materials whatever they may be. Its not just the arb industry that overloads their trucks.

VOSA dont make any rules, they just enforce them.

The rulemakers are the democratically elected government.

I agree to a certain extent, other than that this govt wasnt democratically ellected, for examples sake, and also the set up of VOSA was never intended to be the way it is. It was a non governmental organisation that had to justify its own existence by making a target figure of fines. If they didnt have that background i wouldnt have a problem with them.:001_smile:

oh steveie you helpful chap you!!!!!:001_cool:

aready thought of that one and delivering on weekends:sneaky2:

on a serious note though ( as this is serious to us without mogs) can we keep on topic pleeaassee:001_smile:

you can only legally drive a mog on the road registered as a agricultural vehicle if you don't carry a load, as soon as a spit of chip lands in your chip box and get on the road you are busted!! Same rule applies to diggers you can't carry a load of sand in your bucket and travel up the road to the next job!!:thumbdown:

you can only legally drive a mog on the road registered as a agricultural vehicle if you don't carry a load, as soon as a spit of chip lands in your chip box and get on the road you are busted!! Same rule applies to diggers you can't carry a load of sand in your bucket and travel up the road to the next job!!:thumbdown:

Diggers are normally registered as "plant" which as you say can't carry a load or pull a trailer.

Excuse me, could I chuck this one into the mix if I may, although sure it's been covered before.

Q. Can a pre 97 license holder, drive a 7.5t Iveco Tipper AND tow a schlesling 300MX, which I think goes about 1200-1300kg. I know the GTW should not exceed 8250kg, but is that the gross weight of the train, or the total capacity weight plus train? Should that driver only be towing a max weight of 750kg?

Please explain!!

Excuse me, could I chuck this one into the mix if I may, although sure it's been covered before.

Q. Can a pre 97 license holder, drive a 7.5t Iveco Tipper AND tow a schlesling 300MX, which I think goes about 1200-1300kg. I know the GTW should not exceed 8250kg, but is that the gross weight of the train, or the total capacity weight plus train? Should that driver only be towing a max weight of 750kg?

Please explain!!

In a word, no.

The gross train weight that you are entitled to as a pre97er is, as you said 8250kg. That is the maximum the combination can weigh when fully loaded.

The most a pre97er can tow behind a 7500kg vehicle is 750kg.