gloves for climbing?

JosephD

what kind of gloves do you guys wear for climbing?

i know alot of people dont wear gloves becasue they say that they slow you down and get in the way with carabiners and tools etc and i often hear the phrase 'Gloves are for puff's' which i think is a bit daft.:confused1:

i wear the 'Petzil Cortex Plus' Gloves when i climb and i like wearing them because they grip my rope really well but they can get a bit tricky when it comes to doing rigging work at college but ive got used to them now.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only in thorny trees, locust, corals, monkey puzzles, date palms, fans, reclinatas, etc.

I prefer no gloves when possible.

Pine sap n such clean up no problem with a bit of GoJo mechanics hand cleaner. Works good in the laundry too as a sap remover.

Jomoco

Not sure if they are easy to get hold of (pardon the pun) in the UK, but I love Showa Assembly Grip

They are thinner than any grip glove I've used before and I don't have any problem tieing knots, or getting the rubber sucked into the prussic. Quite grippy when you first use them but they wear in to be quite smooth. They don't grip like the rubber gloves but they protect your hands and feel like a second skin. Last a while but get quite smelly so I usually chuck them before they wear out anyway; alternatively you can soak them or put them in the washing machine.

Gill fingerless climbing gloves... Good protection.... Excellent grip and good dexterity being fingerless.. I try not to wear them in conifers 'cos they get very dirty. Bit pricey but I love them.