Massey F 35X hydraulic flow rate

arboriculturist

Below blood heat? Really? What oil are you using? I use several bosch rexroth 45-85cc ls pumps and 33cc gear pump sets and rexroth say iso hv vg 46 hydraulic oil is alright up to 70 degrees c above ambient.

It may well be but generally once you are up in that region oxidation increases. Simple open centre systems using a straight sae32 benefit from being around 40C, temperature of a warm bath, iso46 is a bit thicker and noticeably more sluggish starting on a cold day, so for my processor I stick with the 32. My FMV runs a bit hot so I do use iso 46 in that, or did as I am not working either at present.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drain back end oil, insert splitting rails, split tractor between gearbox and back end, remove left hand cover, maybe machine torsion tube, fit sandwich plate drive, pump, lift pipe, output pipes etc, put tractor back together, i fitted a double acting spool and quick releases on diff housing just below left bum cheek. Fill with oil, pressure and flow check.

Sit back and enjoy extra flow.

No extra tanks, no pto shafts to bugger around with, all enclosed, proper job.

Thanks for the advice, should help out several out there with 35's.

Interesting thoughts on temperature. Most tractors run a 10w30 suto back end oil with an oil to water heat exchanger, so ultimately the oil ends up at coolant temperature, near 90 odd degrees. If using a zinc free hydraulic oil argo recommend 1000 hour service intervals. Most stand alone oil coolers have a 55 degree temperature switch.

I only put another hydraulic pump in my 135 because i was bored waiting for the splitter ram to cycle, and because, as an agricultural engineer, i always have second hand bits floating about, bit of spare space in the workshop and an hour or two in winter to play.

Interesting thoughts on temperature. Most tractors run a 10w30 suto back end oil with an oil to water heat exchanger, so ultimately the oil ends up at coolant temperature, near 90 odd degrees. If using a zinc free hydraulic oil argo recommend 1000 hour service intervals. Most stand alone oil coolers have a 55 degree temperature switch.

I only put another hydraulic pump in my 135 because i was bored waiting for the splitter ram to cycle, and because, as an agricultural engineer, i always have second hand bits floating about, bit of spare space in the workshop and an hour or two in winter to play.

A success story, but not sure how many could tackle that job themselves?

Thanks

Anyone out there know the flow rate l/min of the standard hydraulic auxillary circuit on the back of a MF 35X generally used to tip trailers. Appreciated.

I would be more concerned with the pressure its delivering, a pump that's been moving crappy UTO in a tractor back end for the last couple of decades wont be in the best condition.

Chuck a PTO pump on it. Job done:001_rolleyes:

I would be more concerned with the pressure its delivering, a pump that's been moving crappy UTO in a tractor back end for the last couple of decades wont be in the best condition.

Chuck a PTO pump on it. Job done:001_rolleyes:

More like 5 decades, with experience comes wisdom - nice shiney new PTO pump made in Italy - agreed thanks - looking forward to a quiet life!

Interesting read!!

I personally would advise going down the pto pump option for the more obvious reason - flexibility

The pto pump will be like part of the splitter so it can be put on any tractor !! Should your 35x brakedown and you get the chance of using a mates tractor of hiring if need be you can drop it on providing it the same or more HP everything's the same.

Convert the tractor and that option changes some what

Speeding the cycle rate could be done a couple of different way - you could use a pressure beyond 2 bank double acting spool valve

Providing you've got enough flow rate the second lever would enable you to increase the flow rate to the ram speeding up the no load distance.

Is it a chipper, is it a mower or another broken stump grinder who cares we'll fix it!

Interesting read!!

I personally would advise going down the pto pump option for the more obvious reason - flexibility

The pto pump will be like part of the splitter so it can be put on any tractor !! Should your 35x brakedown and you get the chance of using a mates tractor of hiring if need be you can drop it on providing it the same or more HP everything's the same.

Convert the tractor and that option changes some what

Speeding the cycle rate could be done a couple of different way - you could use a pressure beyond 2 bank double acting spool valve

Providing you've got enough flow rate the second lever would enable you to increase the flow rate to the ram speeding up the no load distance.

Is it a chipper, is it a mower or another broken stump grinder who cares we'll fix it!

"you could use a pressure beyond 2 bank double acting spool valve"

Thanks for reply - not sure how to go about this. Current splitter needs 20l/min @ 2500psi. 35 x produces 18l/min. However tried splitter on 35X and cycle time is about 12 seconds!

Wow - that low!

That said anyone care to comment on the feasability of the cycle time of a Price Fallows splitter 12Tonne I think linked up to the 35X?

Or more importantly the flow rate to give a sensible cycle time? What is sensible!

I use my P.F 12" stroke splitter on my JD6400 which is about 70 Litres/Minute.

At 1200 rpm its not fast but acceptable, however not very economic(100 Hp)

So if you aim for 40-50 litres at idle I'm guessing the 35xPTO speed will be about 270 rpm.

It would be interesting to know what your actual flow is after 50 years of wear.