3" or less chippers below £1000

mitchel

We use a small timberwolf when we clear and island for ground nesting birds and that thing eats all the grass, twigs,sticks etc without blocking. for a small lightweight machine I think they are good. Why not hire and try few different types before you buy?

Bob

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=158266&stc=1&d=1401967446

010_zpsee7ae1f9.jpg.7aae2374bec28f51961247e9d4c0ce2e.jpg

I use the TW13/75 brought new few years back bloody hard work.Chute far to high and due to a small throat would only chip straight stuff.So couple of months back i removed the original chute had a chat with my mate and come up with some plans to make another one.We lowered it and opened the throat as wide as we could put the grab handles back we even put an axle and wheels on the front so i can winch it up on my trailer and push it around by myself had it powder coated put all the decals back on it you would never know its a cut and shut.It now eats most stuff i feed in.Its transformed the machine so much know that I'm taken on the bigger jobs that i would have to hire a bigger machine.Just last week chipped two good size Beach trees no probs.Dont get me wrong its still not or as good as a machine with feed rollers and i do have to trim some of the forky stuff like Oak but nothing like i used to.It will chip 3'' ok anything else is for the wood burner and if you feed it stuff like honey suckle/ivy etc as long as you feed it a bit at a time its ok but as with all these machines keep the blades sharp.You can get these machines quite cheap if you want to make a feed hopper but if i was you put your money in a new machine CS 100 or the small Bandit is a FAB machine and put the rest on drip.I brought a second hand TW13 75 used it twice and that was it wasted £700 er in doors still gives me grief about it.

• 2 weeks later...
I use the TW13/75 brought new few years back bloody hard work.Chute far to high and due to a small throat would only chip straight stuff.So couple of months back i removed the original chute had a chat with my mate and come up with some plans to make another one.We lowered it and opened the throat as wide as we could put the grab handles back we even put an axle and wheels on the front so i can winch it up on my trailer and push it around by myself had it powder coated put all the decals back on it you would never know its a cut and shut.It now eats most stuff i feed in.Its transformed the machine so much know that I'm taken on the bigger jobs that i would have to hire a bigger machine.Just last week chipped two good size Beach trees no probs.Dont get me wrong its still not or as good as a machine with feed rollers and i do have to trim some of the forky stuff like Oak but nothing like i used to.It will chip 3'' ok anything else is for the wood burner and if you feed it stuff like honey suckle/ivy etc as long as you feed it a bit at a time its ok but as with all these machines keep the blades sharp.You can get these machines quite cheap if you want to make a feed hopper but if i was you put your money in a new machine CS 100 or the small Bandit is a FAB machine and put the rest on drip.I brought a second hand TW13 75 used it twice and that was it wasted £700 er in doors still gives me grief about it.

Do you have any pictures

What second hand chipper do you suggest to make into a project I own a decent mig argon set up and I can weld fab most things.

I'm gonna see what that treebusta is like to

Wait for a GreenMech to come up, they do occasionally.....

I wouldn't advocate altering the spec of any machine from a standard manufacturers spec, it was built that way for a reason. Alter it and you could be deemed liable if something went wrong!

Just found this on ebay which might be a good start, looks ok with the exception of not self feeding, listing says it needs sharpening to self feed but not sure I believe that!

Someone on here probably has some experience of one though!

Cramer HS450 chipper .Timberwolf .Green mech .vermeer. Jenson. Camon. Entec. | eBay

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Treebusta for sale, it has been little used in the last 18months since moving 'up-market' to a trailed chipper. Needs a little T L C to get it going. My second machine bought first new, this one secondhand as they stopped making them. Fits into back of my Cabstar to either run there or wheel into site. Will chip anything that you can't call a log. Planning on posts an ad on arbtrader soon but let me know if anyone interested in a good 'cheap' machine.