Another zigzag bites the dust!!!!

coleman

I know!

Let's run the gizmo through a "Quantitative Tree Risk Analysis" shall we?

Let's apply the "Monte Carlo" house odds to continued use of brained hare design?

Yup continuing leveraged failure without better design intervention applied ASAP.

Jomoco:biggrin:

Their engineers should try two swivel points. The addition being the chain attachment to the body plates.

Kind of a go with the flow of the rope solution.

Just an opinion of course.

Jomoco

The unicender has been around for a few years now and correct me if am wrong but the zigzag is along the same line design and they have't had any problems with the unicender . I can't give any opinion as I don't use one am just asking a question that someone with more experience using either of these could comment? Be interesting to know if in the early days of the unicender being put on the market did they have any teething problems?:confused1:

Just needs beefing up ? Using thicker metal plates for the links . Well thats what they should have done . And to think these guys supply a vast amount of equiptment to firefighters / special forces and other high climbing dads . That is such a shame Nil + confidence in Petzl from now on . Shoddy testing put's people's live's at risk ! The unfortunate could be your friends or even your Dad .:thumbdown:

Drew Its a bit bloody late when there out in the field ....... again now rebranded Mk 2 lol .

Glad I've seen this was about to get one at arb show ,

Think I will stick with my trusty prussik with pulley as anchor point.

Tried tested, simple and doesn't crack 😕 more importantly it's SAFE