Where can one "get" some agent orange?

Badgerland

The story goes there's a tanker full of agent orange at the old stavely chemicals site where it was made. Apparently one sprung a leak so was sealed in a bunded warehouse and left.

I'll nip down tomorrow and have a look :thumbup1: Oh no there's nothing left of Staveley Chemicals now it's all been flattened.

Ok, thanks for that guys! I'll try the agricultural strength roundup first before I return to the land of my father and start digging in every hill side.

That's the sort of answer that would make you a welcome addition to Arbtalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

That's the sort of answer that would make you a welcome addition to Arbtalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Well, second only to " Ive got this tanker ..... pm me if you want a gallon ... no names no pack drill..":biggrin:

It is a shame that they banned 245T, it was awesome, just because they Yanks sprayed it all over people and they (naturally) got sick.

I refused to use SBK in gasoil with wander leads from a tanker and 2t pump when they were still spraying off Hazel coppice over-stood western hemlock planting, lost my job. Many years later I bought some standing chestnut coppice of poor form in a nearby FC wood, you could still see the frilling marks from a similar programme and no softwood other than a few straggly stems.

I think the problem with the stuff used in Vietnam was mostly the sheer scale and direct contact but it was also a cheaper formulation which was contaminated with dioxins in the manufacturing process.

Am currently clearing a long neglected garden that some bright spark released some russian vine in. Needless to say it's spread itself over quite an area in the past 15 years. I put the brushcutter over it to get it down to ground level, but obviously it's coming back with a vengance. Short of getting hold of some agent orange, can anybody suggest an effective way to eradicate the ..... stuff? (We're planning to live there afterwards, so preferably nothing radioactive!!!)

Cheers

Vietnam is a good place to try, the yanks took loads over there.

Try glyphosate or something like bayer longbow

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App