Wood Pellet Machine

urbandekay

Hi guys,

Thought I'd just jump in. Pellheat generate leads for farm feeds systems. All the machines they sell are farm feed systems. Before that they were pushing Chinese kit onto the market.

I sell a very very celer pellet presses and dryers made by P system from Italy. Much smaller and more sophisticated that farm feeds. We have over 300 intallation over the world.

http://Www.pelletsystens.co.uk

These are not cheap, but run unattended and don't block up and the foot print is tiny compared to farm feed systems machines.

I looked at P system when I bought my machine but at the time there was no UK support so went with Comafer "supported by Scott Sargent". biggest commercial mistake I have ever made and would not touch either company with a barge pole.

Also bought one of the chinese machines but there so badly made we only use it for testing new mixes of feed and binders.

Edited by renewablejohn

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tom,

The grade of material is dependent on pellet diameter. if your Pelleting a 6mm pellet then you would need a 6mm screen for sawdust and preferably a 5mm screen or less if you where working with shred or chipped wood.

The window for Pelleting is between 15 and 10% moisture content by weight. 12% is the ideal. Our machines add water when then material is too dry and in practice if you can over dry your material a bit the machine will add water to get the mix right continuously.

Hope this is useful

John,

Not had any experience of confer or Scott and Sargent. I used to have a Chinese machine and it worked, but needed so much attention. The other downside was it relied on so much human effort and skill to make it work. Repairing it was a sod, purely down to the quality of steel. Had lots of fun drilling dies too.

Never a problem with P-systems machine. As long as the material was dry and free from oversize material it would run 13hrs +. Really good for hardwood sawdust.

John,

Not had any experience of confer or Scott and Sargent. I used to have a Chinese machine and it worked, but needed so much attention. The other downside was it relied on so much human effort and skill to make it work. Repairing it was a sod, purely down to the quality of steel. Had lots of fun drilling dies too.

Never a problem with P-systems machine. As long as the material was dry and free from oversize material it would run 13hrs +. Really good for hardwood sawdust.

Conafer are a right shower. They tested my pellet machine before shipping in the Italian factory but instead of cleaning out the augers before shipping they left it full of sawdust which got wet during shipping and set like concrete. My biggest mistake was paying before shipment but did not realise how corrupt Italian companies are.

Hi guys,

Thought I'd just jump in. Pellheat generate leads for farm feeds systems. All the machines they sell are farm feed systems. Before that they were pushing Chinese kit onto the market.

I sell a very very celer pellet presses and dryers made by P system from Italy. Much smaller and more sophisticated that farm feeds. We have over 300 intallation over the world.

http://Www.pelletsystens.co.uk

These are not cheap, but run unattended and don't block up and the foot print is tiny compared to farm feed systems machines.

Link does not work for me.

The grade of material is dependent on pellet diameter. if your Pelleting a 6mm pellet then you would need a 6mm screen for sawdust and preferably a 5mm screen or less if you where working with shred or chipped wood.

Perceived wisdom with the Sprout Matador ring press was that particles should not exceed 40% of pellet diameter.

• 2 months later...
I looked at P system when I bought my machine but at the time there was no UK support so went with Comafer "supported by Scott Sargent". biggest commercial mistake I have ever made and would not touch either company with a barge pole.

Also bought one of the chinese machines but there so badly made we only use it for testing new mixes of feed and binders.

Hi John,

What system do you use and what output do you achieve. I'm tentatively looking at going into production so any help or info you can give would be grestly appreciated.

Thanks