How to remover TW roller pump?

Dan Lacey

Ah I did not realise the spline could be removed. My motor was knackered so had to replace complete unit. Fitting a extended spline is excellent advise as I am sure timberwolf did not bother due to cost.

I think we may have our wires crossed, the extended spline is not part of the motor.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A slide hammer didnt come close to extracting the one I did,I welded a one inch nut in the centre and the wound a bolt into it which jacked it out.

The first attempt with one run of weld around the nut broke away so it took several runs to hold the pressure of yanking it out.

To undo the three retaining bolts I used an impact driver.

The cost of the four new parts inc vat and postage was £118.22 but if you dont want to replace the opposite side parts, in the forground of the first pic, deduct £41.50.

I believe the newer TW has the extended roller from new?

You need a beast like this then :) A couple off good hard whacks and they are out. Its one I knocked up on the lathe out of a lump of 32mm bar a few years ago , bit heavy but highly effective.

Bob

imagejpg1_zpsb15bdf11.jpg

You need a beast like this then :) A couple off good hard whacks and they are out. Its one I knocked up on the lathe out of a lump of 32mm bar a few years ago , bit heavy but highly effective.

Bob

imagejpg1_zpsb15bdf11.jpg

Tis a beast to be sure! mine is only two feet long with a four pound weight. Is that an "O" ring you have holding the weight front sliding around?

slim

Edited by slim reaper

Cheers everyone but mine is the old style one all welded together type. Do they still make these ones??

Dan

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I'd be interested to know this too!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Cheers everyone but mine is the old style one all welded together type. Do they still make these ones??

Dan

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Interesting that, when I blow up the picture there looks like the outline of three bolt heads . what year/model is you TW?