Dan Lacey

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

The bottom roller stopped working today, so I tried moving it by hand and it moved very easily.

How do I remove the pump???

Cheers Dan

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

do you mean drive motor ?

if so remove springs lift top moteor & frame put a log in the void to hold it up.

there 2,17mm nuts on the motor, it just slides out ,if the shaft is has broken of in the motor,you may need to remove the roller ,theres agrease nipple on the oppisite side you ned to remove to get the roller out ,

its a tw the basic enough to work on :biggrin:

Edited by Steve Bullman

do you mean drive motor ?

if so remove springs lift top moteor & frame put a log in the void to hold it up.

there 2,17mm nuts on the motor, it just slides out ,if the shaft is has broken of in the motor,you may need to remove the roller ,theres agrease nipple on the oppisite side you ned to remove to get the roller out ,

its a tw the basic enough to work on :biggrin:

Cheers john

Yes I mean the motor sorry! I've got it off now, I used a bigger bar and forced it off.

And I found this is the problem. ImageUploadedByArbtalk1399717843.820554.jpg.2e4d3ae994f5b82e8e9d304099c209e5.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1399717809.249242.jpg.b11c677eafb2b354b4ace06b2b602073.jpg

Dan

Had the same thing on my old tw.

Call adan hydraulics they will build ones to spec and at a third of the price timberwolf want. You ll need to get a new roller body as well. At the same time it's worth sharpening the blades while they are off. There a bugger to get off I had to heat them up.

Give me a call if you need a hand.

Hi all,

The bottom roller stopped working today, so I tried moving it by hand and it moved very easily.

How do I remove the pump???

Cheers Dan

Hopefully there is nothing wrong with the drive motor its the splined drive flange inside the roller that has worn out so will need replacing.

I did the same job a month or two back and fitted an extended drive flange and bearing.

Clean around the face outside the centre hole and you should see three recessed retaining bolts

slim

I found the easiest way to get the splined sleeves out of the rollers was to weld a big nut on to it and slide hammer them out.

Bob

A slide hammer didnt come close to extracting the one I did,I welded a one inch nut in the centre and the wound a bolt into it which jacked it out.

The first attempt with one run of weld around the nut broke away so it took several runs to hold the pressure of yanking it out.

To undo the three retaining bolts I used an impact driver.

The cost of the four new parts inc vat and postage was £118.22 but if you dont want to replace the opposite side parts, in the forground of the first pic, deduct £41.50.

I believe the newer TW has the extended roller from new?

Edited by slim reaper