The Dogs!

GTS

I have been thinking for a good while now about having a pup. Trouble is space, workload, time, hot van/truck, walkies at 5am?????? or 8.30 when I get back, many reasons to not have one. Thing is, a pooch would be fab for us and my two smallish girls, great fun. thinking about a short haired chocolatebrown lab, husky, sheep dog, dalmation, I haven't found a "show us yer pooch" thread, so I thought id start one, all the best:001_tt2:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking for a good while now about having a pup. Trouble is space, workload, time, hot van/truck, walkies at 5am?????? or 8.30 when I get back, many reasons to not have one. Thing is, a pooch would be fab for us and my two smallish girls, great fun. thinking about a short haired chocolatebrown lab, husky, sheep dog, dalmation, I haven't found a "show us yer pooch" thread, so I thought id start one, all the best:001_tt2:

You need to look better

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/51277-arb-dogs-who-has-one.html

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/lounge/157-arbdogs-pics.html

From me,

Great company, check

Warm in bed, check.

Smelly, check,

Irish bred itinerent deterrant, CHECK

Noisy, uncheck

costly, uncheck

If getting a pup, get 2 same sex siblings, they will spend hours knocking/tearing lumps out of each other (as opposed to Italian shoes or furniture)

Well at least our last 2 additions have.

We are currently in the market for a Bulldog or "Queen Anne" legged Mastiff Bitch to complete our Irish bred itinerent un-welcoming party.

m

PS

I took the Rottador to Dublin today, & he made several new friends, then to visit a sawmill where I let him out to introduce himself to 2 completely strange dogs.

Nary a bit of fuss.

Edited by difflock

Forget the husky, needs lots of attention and exercise, same as collie & dalmatian. Lab is best bet or something small or docile. Choose wisely as the wrong choice will miss behave and be a pain and hard work. Beware some breeds need lots of exercise, if you can't give them it, Don't get one.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Arbtalk mobile app

Good point.

First place to start is a dog breed Characteristics table.

Some large dogs do not need much exercise, if I recall the Great Dane falls in this cotogory, some small dogs need a lot (but the short legs help, relatively speaking)

How about a Mexican hairless or Chewawa for the heat.

Though windows left partly down/mostly , and a sun screen across the windscreen, and hey if cutting trees, parked in the shade/semi shade.

Could/should be workable.

Plus checking at tea breaks/lunchtime.