Best mobile for getting a signal?

Arbtech Tree Services

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run a Samsung E211b simply because of this problem. I don't need a 'smart' phone as such but I carry a second Nokia Asha 300 just for the camera and tunes.

The difference between the Samsung and any modern phone in obtaining a signal in weaker areas is night and day. Not what you wanted to hear, but that's what it is.

On the flipside, it's probably giving me a brain tumour quicker....

Apples iphone 4/4s had aerial issues as it's at the bottom left corner of the phone. When the issues were first realised apple said everyone was holding it wrong.

I'm on an iphone 5 on O2 and usually always have signal. Although I very rarely go out back of beyond. Maybe the ghetto but Liverpool is certainly good with its strong 3G signal!

Cheers all,

Left Orange because of signal issues to find O2 weren't really much better or so i thought, maybe it was just the Crapberry i had first. Things are no better with the Nokia Lumia however the cheap Nokia Asha is better. Had a cheapy nokia on Vodafone PAYG which again was no better than Orange.

So cheapest handset on toss a coin network should be the answer :sneaky2: however i need email on the move and a bit of Web so it'll have to be a Smartphone.

Off to the O2 shop tomorrow to listen to all the sales bull and see if i can get something that works, might call into the other High St. emporiums as well.

Regards,

Steve.

I've had rooks of bother since September - one bit of advice I keep coming across is regularly turn off your phone and re-boot it and regularly check for updates! Keep it backed up to your PC and often do a factory reset....

That and have another mobile for standby when your main one doesn't work then you can call the network and supplier and get fed more BS! After a long time on hold or queuing for the next available operator.!!!

I've been with T-Mobile for years and had a succession of Samsungs. Currently a Galaxy Note. T-Mobile have got really sneaky in the last few years and kept lowering the fair use limit on the mobile internet, which by the way has got slower and less reliable. The Samsungs have always been great and would be my first choice. Incidentally the landline broadband where I live is crap so I got one of those Huawei WFI mobile broadband hubs on 3 and I'm getting 11mbs downstream and 3 to 4mbs upstream. Might try that network when my contract runs out.