Vivaro vans

dogman

Notgot one myself, but the only difference is backup from dealers. Which ever one you buy, make sure the dealer is up to the job of spares backup and servicing.

my mate has just junked his transit and got one. Best thing he ever did. Its a far superior van, and the drive is much nicer.

I had one as a loan van for a week and was sorry to see it go

Sorry but they are junk! Ball joints trackrod ends drop links lack of power poor/ poor performance, I really don't like these vans lol and when you want to work on the engine you need to remove the front end :thumbdown: get a transporter

They have a Renault megane front wheel drive box on them. I was a tech for vauxhall a few years ago and these things use too eat gearboxes like a fat kid eat cakes.... They are ok as long as you don't want too pull a trailer of a reasonable weight I.e. A chipper is bad. They drive well when nothing is wrong with them and are quick. But I wouldn't recommend for arb work! Also the engines in all those vans and gearboxes etc are all the same... Slight differences inside and exterior but pretty much the same van

Thanks fella's, some pro's & cons there !.

I currently have a Toyota hiace which is on the 55 plate & I've had it from new & never had a problem with it.

I'm a gardener not a tree surgeon, but do have a chipper(treebusta) which sometimes goes in the back, & I tow a 7x5 trailer.I can afford a new van & saw the deals being offerd, a panel van is the best choice for me, so any thoughts on the vivaros rivals, such as the relay boxer & ducato ?

Thanks again for the information.

Rob

Theres a new model due out at the end of the year, so there are some deals to be had. Anyone got one ?, & whats the general difference between the vivaro ,nissan primastar & the Renault traffic.

Regards,

Rob

They drive alright and are comfortable vans but they have a history of injector, pump and gearbox problems before 100,000 comes up. The bike shop had the Nissan because it was cheaper than the other two despite being built in the same factory and only had a problem with the crank position sensor.

I've recently bought the Nissan primastar and so far so good. I got it for a similar reason as it fits my cs100 in it with all tools and some wheelie bins. Drives well and more car like than a tranny. Capable of towing 2t legally but the front wheel drive and possible mechanical problems previously mentioned means I wouldn't want to be towing that limit all the time. I've had about 1.5t behind and it was mostly fine but did spin a bit on a wet hill start.

Thanks fella's, some pro's & cons there !.

I currently have a Toyota hiace which is on the 55 plate & I've had it from new & never had a problem with it.

I'm a gardener not a tree surgeon, but do have a chipper(treebusta) which sometimes goes in the back, & I tow a 7x5 trailer.I can afford a new van & saw the deals being offerd, a panel van is the best choice for me, so any thoughts on the vivaros rivals, such as the relay boxer & ducato ?

Thanks again for the information.

Rob

we have a pergeot and its a pain to work on garage hates it. have to say not much has gone wrong with it but then does not get used that much electric window has gone wrong and price for new one was £600 and still to find a scrap one to pinch it off. looking at a vito know them and the ones i had were trouble free apart from one which had a common rail problem but was replaced under warrenty. ask your garage you use what he recomends. the pergeot engine are hard to work on even changing battery is hard work. so tight.

Edited by hedgesparrow