New Stihl online policy

Stihl dealer in Scotland

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Stihl should start to take note of the customers, as I can see the writing on the wall a previous post mentioned the Chinese threat and the dealer from Scotland dismissed the idea of the Chinese being a threat ! That was the approach British layland and Triumph motor cycles took.

I now drive a Mitsubishi truck, A German car and a Honda motor bike!!! I own one Sthil saw and two Huskys, and the Huskys are a direct result of the online policy

Wake up and smell the coffee Stihl

Crap policy but doesn't really bother me any more as I buy husky and echo!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

+1 re echo.

Grow up. :001_rolleyes:

I must admit, I couldn't do it, Be a jobsworth that is.

Until then the future is husky

'cos they're the only alternative :001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:

Interesting discussion, let me put in my piece. We are Stihl directly supplied dealers. We adhere to the Stihl policy, we only sell online used products. We try to offer a fair discount on new Stihl products with extra discount for regular customers who are professional users. We also offer priority service to those customers with minor repairs often done on the spot, and can sometimes offer a loan machine if the machine is under warranty and the owner is stuck. We stock a good selection of fast moving spares and a keep good range of saw models. No, we are not the cheapest but we are competitive compared to online prices.

As long as we can make a fair profit on sales of new product to maintain our business, we think we can continue to increase sales by offering a good service. This is what Stihl wants, dealers that offer a quality service , they cannot dictate or even comment on the price a dealer sells at.

To sum up, in my opinion if as a local supplier you offer a good deal with good service backup and items ex stock then your local customers will come to you, you don't have to worry about what is happening on the internet.

Are you harry who does good used turf gear? If so - keep up the good work - proper job you do :thumbup:

In the past I've always bought stihl, in the future I'll always buy husqy

as above, husky isn't the only alternative. :001_rolleyes:

If a dealer has time to ring up other dealers pretending to be joe public and report them to Stihl surely they have far too much time on their hands which could be better spent on other things? Or maybe it's a Scottish thing

:lol:

the writing IS on the wall for stihl and husky, as more and more of there saws go electronic and cant be user serviced, the profesionall user will move away ...to echo, makita, and anyone else who will still produce a user servicable pro saw

Here's someone who sees the real issues. Me and Shavey and a few others have come to the realisation that S&H are history for us. Awful shame, but Echo and Dolmar have a niche here; solid reliable saws that are electro-free... BTW Makita is weeks away from approving Dolmar sales in the UK... more news to follow

I wonder if Stihl UK read these threads?

Echo and Dolmar (Mak) do and Dolmar, as above are raising the starting pistol...

Echo for me now.....if this stihl policy is obviously going to continue.

well I suppose that's how you repay loyal custom!!!!

send them to another brand manufacturer.

ms362 may now be my last stihl purchase.

Cheers Matty

And MS460 was mine. CS-620 Echo, PS-5105, PS-6100 and PS-7901 dolmars from now on...

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

TCD, there are few echo dealers, and even fewer mak-dolmar dealers in the uk, so the general consensus will be husky by sheer volume of dealers, so for many, husky IS the only alternative, as that's what's available. My local dealer has a few echo machines in, but I've yet to see a pro saw

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Opportunity for one of serious repairers on here

You send photos of saw and description of problem so you have idea of problem

He Does deal with national carrier to collect / deliver chainsaws to his workshop ( i know serious discounts are available on carriage charges )

He repairs / services and delivers back asap

No need to drive into town to get saw sorted ......

Simples

I think Stihl should start to take note of the customers, as I can see the writing on the wall a previous post mentioned the Chinese threat and the dealer from Scotland dismissed the idea of the Chinese being a threat ! That was the approach British layland and Triumph motor cycles took.

I now drive a Mitsubishi truck, A German car and a Honda motor bike!!! I own one Sthil saw and two Huskys, and the Huskys are a direct result of the online policy

Wake up and smell the coffee Stihl

The lessons of history!! Forget them at your peril!! Good point!!

+1 re echo.

I must admit, I couldn't do it, Be a jobsworth that is.

'cos they're the only alternative :001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:

Are you harry who does good used turf gear? If so - keep up the good work - proper job you do :thumbup:

as above, husky isn't the only alternative. :001_rolleyes:

:lol:

Here's someone who sees the real issues. Me and Shavey and a few others have come to the realisation that S&H are history for us. Awful shame, but Echo and Dolmar have a niche here; solid reliable saws that are electro-free... BTW Makita is weeks away from approving Dolmar sales in the UK... more news to follow

Echo and Dolmar (Mak) do and Dolmar, as above are raising the starting pistol...

And MS460 was mine. CS-620 Echo, PS-5105, PS-6100 and PS-7901 dolmars from now on...

life is stressful enough without all these issues our forefathers fought for our right to buy things where we want and how we want

as an outsider looking into these stihl forums it seems that stihl uk are on another downward spiral with the proffesional power tools nobody seems happy with the saws or service and is it right that the new saws cant be tuned unless they are taken back to the main dealer

why put yourself's through all this hassle lifes to short

an old man said to me last year

in the 70's and 80's we where ''cash poor'' and ''time rich''

in the 2000's we are '' time poor'' and '' cash rich''

iam starting to think the latter is'nt as good as the former

come to the forest in a few weeks time and see the races start :001_rolleyes::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: