New Stihl online policy

Stihl dealer in Scotland

I would forget it, most stihl dealers are strokers and stihl don't really care anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

Lol, tell it like it is Ian! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked on the stihl website and only 5 dealers in Scotland, a witch hunt wouldn't take to long.

Ive always been Husky so no bother yet for me. Im hard of hearing so the web is great for me I don't have to talk to anyone(thats great for hearing people as well)

I have been to the local dealers to order parts for husky to be told

"It will be 2 weeks when we send our next order"

Not good enough as dealer is 20+miles through a hideous amount of speed limits, it takes 1/2 a day to get there and back in traffic.

I have bought 2 brand new saws from them in the past. The dealers son/salesman doesn't have good product knowledge, has tried to make me less of a man than he is with attitude. I reckon I probably know more than him about Husky saws.

Repairs are hideously expensive. I have sent 2 saws to a legend here on Arbtalk and as a result absolutely trust his work, he has a genuine passion and interest for the subject. Also is prompt in helping out with technical issues and problems I have

As for profit margins fuel stations practically work for HMRC. Different businesses wildly vary in markup.Mine is pants, but I enjoying giving good service and customer satisfaction.

Looked on the stihl website and only 5 dealers in Scotland, a witch hunt wouldn't take to long.

I'm almost certain that I know who it is. If I'm right, it's the dealer locally who I sought to build a decent business relationship with by discussing with them the reality that online purchasing. I bought a blower from them (£20 over the odds, an investment I thought) and then had the 2 month balls up servicing my friend's 261.

I remember the boss of said dealership being very hostile to online sales. Given the quality of their service, no wonder they perceived it as a threat. I have not been back since, and would recommend them to no one.

I'm almost certain that I know who it is. If I'm right, it's the dealer locally who I sought to build a decent business relationship with by discussing with them the reality that online purchasing. I bought a blower from them (£20 over the odds, an investment I thought) and then had the 2 month balls up servicing my friend's 261.

I remember the boss of said dealership being very hostile to online sales. Given the quality of their service, no wonder they perceived it as a threat. I have not been back since, and would recommend them to no one.

Hi BIG JOHN but as you no john you have to give good service mate as you there's only 2)3 dealers around the uk I use and get on with very well BUT THEY NO WHO THEY ARE I DO NOT NEED TO NAME THEM THANKS JON

I have been to the local dealers to order parts for husky to be told

"It will be 2 weeks when we send our next order"

Not good enough as dealer is 20+miles through a hideous amount of speed limits, it takes 1/2 a day to get there and back in traffic.

Where in East Yorkshire are you, i use the guys in Swanland and have never had a problem with the time it takes to order parts if they arent on the shelf. Order in on a monday and they are available on wednesday to collect.

Maybe I can clear things up here.

The new policy yet to be announced by Stihl will state that ANY machine with an exposed blade will NOT be allowed for sale on the net. So this is chainsaws, hedge cutters ect , even strimmers that are CAPABLE of taking a blade!!

Until this is published dealers are supposed to adhere to the previous policy. I have been notified of a few dealers flouting this, so I have been phoning that dealer posing as a customer, if I find out they are willing to despatch i have reported those dealers to Stihl. If they persist then they will have their dealership taken away from them.

Lets leave the online products to B&Q shall we?

Stihl dealer in Scotland is online now Report Post

so you actually agree with stihls online policy ? if so can you explain why you agree ?